Our two nights at the Holbeck Ghyall was nothing but impressive. Nice and easy check-in, our heavy suitcases were transferred to their third floor almost immediately. We stayed in the room # 23 which offered stunning panoramic lake view (highly recommended). Dinner package was great and we had a good experience throughout.(we had several great meals around the lake but the hotel dinner had to be one of our best) Breakfast were busy but very good. WIFI was a little mediocre and almost impossible from the third floor and several angle of the hotel.
Room was old-fashioned but beautiful and in good condition, bathroom was likewise, nice and spacious with good quality spa amenities.Sleep quality was fantastic.
Overall we had a great time here and will certainly be our future choice around Windermere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxurious country house hotel is set in eighteen acres of private woodland and gardens, in England's picturesque Lake District. Holbeck Ghyll offers 23 individually designed en-suite rooms, most with spectacular views over Lake Windermere. The Health Spa offers a range of treatments, sauna, steam room. Food is an integral part of any guests stay, and the Restaurant, which retained a Michelin Star for 14 consecutive years, will not disappoint. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holbeck Ghyll Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holbeck Ghyll Country House Hotel Windermere
- Holbeck Ghyll Country Hotel
- Holbeck Ghyll Country Windermere
- Holbeck Ghyll Country House Windermere, Lake District