Booked a one night stay at the Holbeck Ghyll for 16.04.14 on a DB&B basis with only a days notice. Have wanted to stay here and dine in the Michelin star restaurant for a long time so had high expectations and I'm pleased to say that this was one of those rare occasions where a hotel not only meets your expectations but far exceeds them! I had booked a fell view room but upon arrival was shown to a suite. What a fantastic surprise and great start to the whole experience - because staying here really is a wonderful experience from beginning to end - The Eltermere suite where we stayed has received some criticism on tripadvisor as there is currently some building work going on opposite however I must say there was no noise or disruption to our stay and although it wasn't the prettiest of views to be looking out at, we could easily see past the improvements being made to the hotel overall, to the fell views. Then we chose to have drinks on the terrace of the hotel looking out on to the lake so we enjoyed best of both worlds, beautiful view and amazing suite! The Eltermere suite is pure joy, with everything provided that you could possibly wish for. Beautifully decorated and modern.
The hotel's attention to detail is completely stunning. They really do think of everything. You are made to feel special from the moment you walk in the door until the moment you leave. The service is truly exceptional, so friendly and professional. The staff do their very best to make you feel welcome and special during your stay.
We dined at the Michelin star restaurant in the evening and the food was simply out of this world. Each course was a pure delight. The service again was attentive and the excellent communication between staff is evident in their seamless service in the dining room. Breakfast was equally delicious. The Eggs Benedict were just to die for.
The whole experience at the Holbeck Ghyll was just absolutely fabulous. It was truly special and memorable and I look forward to staying at this amazing hotel again in the near future.
Thank you Holbeck Ghyll!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxurious country house hotel is set in eighteen acres of private woodland and gardens, in England's picturesque Lake District. Holbeck Ghyll offers 23 individually designed en-suite rooms, most with spectacular views over Lake Windermere. The Health Spa offers a range of treatments, sauna, steam room. Food is an integral part of any guests stay, and the Restaurant, which retained a Michelin Star for 14 consecutive years, will not disappoint. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Holbeck Ghyll Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holbeck Ghyll Country House Hotel Windermere
- Holbeck Ghyll Country Hotel
- Holbeck Ghyll Country Windermere
- Holbeck Ghyll Country House Windermere, Lake District