My wife and I stayed at Holbeck Ghyll during a tour of the Lakes and undoubtably this hotel has one of the best views possible. We also had dinner (separate TripAdvisor review) and whilst that was stunningly good, we were just a little underwhelmed by the accommodation. We had a suite with terrace and whilst the room was comfortable and quiet, it was suffering a little from needing an update. It was the little things...a little worn here and there, particularly the bathroom, and whilst immaculately clean we just felt an update was probably due. The biggest issue for us was that our room and terrace at the far right hand end of the hotel, overlooked what is currently a building site! Whilst we appreciate that the hotel had taken some measures to minimise the impact of this with screening, etc, it did stop us wanting to use the terrace and the "fell view" promised was massively detracted from....a great shame!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxurious country house hotel is set in eighteen acres of private woodland and gardens, in England's picturesque Lake District. Holbeck Ghyll offers 23 individually designed en-suite rooms, most with spectacular views over Lake Windermere. The Health Spa offers a range of treatments, sauna, steam room. Food is an integral part of any guests stay, and the Restaurant, which retained a Michelin Star for 14 consecutive years, will not disappoint. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Holbeck Ghyll Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holbeck Ghyll Country House Hotel Windermere
- Holbeck Ghyll Country Hotel
- Holbeck Ghyll Country Windermere
- Holbeck Ghyll Country House Windermere, Lake District