The Hotel looks reasonable from the outside, but looks certainily can be deceiving. The room we stayed in was "tired", small and not clean. We paid extra for a view, which, on a clear day, you could see Lake Windermere if you had good eyesight. The bathroom was a joke, VERY small, a hole in the side panel of the bath, and the shower just had enough strength to trickle out. The T.V. in the room was probably the smallest you could have, and the window was was covered in mould. Meal times had to be booked on the evening of arrival, and we felt that we were being hurried to finish our evening meal, as there were not enough tables to accommadate all the guests in the Hotel,unless people vacated their tables swiftly. Also eggs were served uncooked twice. We were VERY dissapointed with the whole ghastly experience,particularly after staying in Hotels abroad where you felt as if you were really welcome. This is the 1st. U.K. holiday we have had for manny years, and it will be the last. The T.V. room is advertised for guests to use, but the T.V. was not working. The lounge was not comfortable and not large enough for all the guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windermere has been called the ‘Gateway to the Lakes.’ With mountains, moors, lakes and tarns it is a wonderful place to relax and enjoy the splendour of the English countryside, right in the heart of the Lake District. The Windermere Hotel occupies an excellent location at the head of the village of Windermere itself. Built from traditional Lakeland slate, our hotel is listed by English Heritage, and is one of the oldest hotels in Windermere having opened back in 1847 to coincide with the construction of the local railway. The hotel’s location is ideal for exploring the local villages of Bowness and Windermere, as well as the beautiful Lake District scenery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Windermere Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hotel Windermere
- Windermere The Hotel
- Windermere Hotel Windermere
- The Windermere Hotel Lake District