My wife and I have just had a very enjoyable short break at Shearings' Windermere Hotel as members of an 18 person group from Crofton Walking Club.
It is six years since we stayed at this hotel and the standards of service and quality of the meals are every bit as good as they were then. However the hotel's recent refurbishment has greatly added to the standard and decor of the rooms.
For the price we paid (£240 per couple for three nights' dinner, bed and breakfast) we were highly satisfied.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windermere has been called the ‘Gateway to the Lakes.’ With mountains, moors, lakes and tarns it is a wonderful place to relax and enjoy the splendour of the English countryside, right in the heart of the Lake District. The Windermere Hotel occupies an excellent location at the head of the village of Windermere itself. Built from traditional Lakeland slate, our hotel is listed by English Heritage, and is one of the oldest hotels in Windermere having opened back in 1847 to coincide with the construction of the local railway. The hotel’s location is ideal for exploring the local villages of Bowness and Windermere, as well as the beautiful Lake District scenery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Windermere Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hotel Windermere
- Windermere The Hotel
- Windermere Hotel Windermere
- The Windermere Hotel Lake District