This is the second mini break with coast and country hotels and The Winderemere is an improvement on the Derwentwater hotel in Keswick . The only major fault was very few English speaking staff if indeed any , food was ok not brilliant but ok. We upgraded to a superior room as we were so disappointed with the rooms at the Derwentwater hotel and I can only say that to me it's what you would expect of a good standard room in a 3 star hotel without having to pay extra .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windermere has been called the ‘Gateway to the Lakes.’ With mountains, moors, lakes and tarns it is a wonderful place to relax and enjoy the splendour of the English countryside, right in the heart of the Lake District. The Windermere Hotel occupies an excellent location at the head of the village of Windermere itself. Built from traditional Lakeland slate, our hotel is listed by English Heritage, and is one of the oldest hotels in Windermere having opened back in 1847 to coincide with the construction of the local railway. The hotel’s location is ideal for exploring the local villages of Bowness and Windermere, as well as the beautiful Lake District scenery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Windermere Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hotel Windermere
- Windermere The Hotel
- Windermere Hotel Windermere
- The Windermere Hotel Lake District