This is the fourth successive Shearings Hotel I have reviewed over the last3 years..Previouslyand in order The Highland in Stathpeffer The Gairloch Hotel in Gairloch,The Majestic Hotel in Bournemouth and now The Windermere Hotel in Windermere.Is it just coincidence or what?Each one of the Hotels have been excellent value and each stay thoroughly enjoyable.My wife and I stayed for 3 nights from Sept.13th to Sept.16th[depart]Our room no.216.was spotless ,comfortable and well equiped,flat screen TV,Coffee and tea making facilities etc and the view looking over to Lake Windermere was magnificent.The bathroom too was spotless with plenty of towels and a complimentary tray of shampoo,s and shower gels.Food was good in fact excellent with ample choice and nicely presented.Portions were not huge compared with home,but then we probably eat too much at home anyway.The service was fast friendly and unobtrusive.A special mention for the lovely bubbly young lady in reception who greeted us on arrival at3pm on Friday.What a wonderful ambassador for her employer.The perfect person for the job.The entertainment in my view was a little out of sinc.BUT NOT the performer,She was fine,Her repertoire was a bit repetitive in that she sang nothing but Ella Fitzgerald jazz type numbers.After a while,many people left and the performer packed up when she had only 8 people left to entertain.A shame really because she sang the songs very well.So.There you have it.Another success for Shearings Hotels.Thankyou to all the staff at the Windermere.You are all First Class.We will be back///.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windermere has been called the ‘Gateway to the Lakes.’ With mountains, moors, lakes and tarns it is a wonderful place to relax and enjoy the splendour of the English countryside, right in the heart of the Lake District. The Windermere Hotel occupies an excellent location at the head of the village of Windermere itself. Built from traditional Lakeland slate, our hotel is listed by English Heritage, and is one of the oldest hotels in Windermere having opened back in 1847 to coincide with the construction of the local railway. The hotel’s location is ideal for exploring the local villages of Bowness and Windermere, as well as the beautiful Lake District scenery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Booking.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Windermere Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hotel Windermere
- Windermere The Hotel
- Windermere Hotel Windermere
- The Windermere Hotel Lake District