Just returned (6th-10th Jan) from a lovely stay at the Windermere with Shearings holiday. It is a lovely old hotel with an impressive exterior, inside, the restaurant /bar /lounge areas are very pleasant and comfortable. The waiting and bar staff are very friendly,polite, and attentive, and they work very hard to make your stay enjoyable. Food wise, the coast and country menu had a good varied choice ,meat,fish, vegetarian and salads all available as standard ,good portions and tasty. With our deal, included was the £25 per person spend, which you can spend at the bar/lunches or take a packed lunch when you leave the hotel. We had a standard room which was clean ,comfortable and warm. This really was a good stay at the hotel and was much enjoyed. Thank you to Giles and the team.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windermere has been called the ‘Gateway to the Lakes.’ With mountains, moors, lakes and tarns it is a wonderful place to relax and enjoy the splendour of the English countryside, right in the heart of the Lake District. The Windermere Hotel occupies an excellent location at the head of the village of Windermere itself. Built from traditional Lakeland slate, our hotel is listed by English Heritage, and is one of the oldest hotels in Windermere having opened back in 1847 to coincide with the construction of the local railway. The hotel’s location is ideal for exploring the local villages of Bowness and Windermere, as well as the beautiful Lake District scenery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your The Windermere Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hotel Windermere
- Windermere The Hotel
- Windermere Hotel Windermere
- The Windermere Hotel Lake District