Have just returned from a weekend at Windermere with Shearings (my first time) so I did not know what to expect.Coach to Normanton then onto Windermere went very smoothly.Seemed well organised-no problems.The tour coach driver(female) was brilliant.The hotel staff were very polite and helpful . Food was very good and plentiful. I occupied a single room Ist floor front , with a commanding view of Windermere,excellent.The only downside,little or no entertainment at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windermere has been called the ‘Gateway to the Lakes.’ With mountains, moors, lakes and tarns it is a wonderful place to relax and enjoy the splendour of the English countryside, right in the heart of the Lake District. The Windermere Hotel occupies an excellent location at the head of the village of Windermere itself. Built from traditional Lakeland slate, our hotel is listed by English Heritage, and is one of the oldest hotels in Windermere having opened back in 1847 to coincide with the construction of the local railway. The hotel’s location is ideal for exploring the local villages of Bowness and Windermere, as well as the beautiful Lake District scenery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your The Windermere Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hotel Windermere
- Windermere The Hotel
- Windermere Hotel Windermere
- The Windermere Hotel Lake District