Reading the last 2 reviews I thought I stayed in a different Hotel than them, I was able to book an early evening meal for the week. I have been to lots of Shearings Hotels coach and selfdrive. We picked The Windermere as a selfdrive holiday to tour the Lakes it was a very good choice as the hotel had friendly staff very good food and clean rooms. We had a room at the back so we had no traffic noise. Reading Helsan 24 review I was there at the same time, I have never come across guests like you asking staff their names , then calling them over to get you everything you want making them runround after you. You even had a table reserved so no one else could sit at that table. and you only gave the Hotel average.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windermere has been called the ‘Gateway to the Lakes.’ With mountains, moors, lakes and tarns it is a wonderful place to relax and enjoy the splendour of the English countryside, right in the heart of the Lake District. The Windermere Hotel occupies an excellent location at the head of the village of Windermere itself. Built from traditional Lakeland slate, our hotel is listed by English Heritage, and is one of the oldest hotels in Windermere having opened back in 1847 to coincide with the construction of the local railway. The hotel’s location is ideal for exploring the local villages of Bowness and Windermere, as well as the beautiful Lake District scenery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Windermere Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hotel Windermere
- Windermere The Hotel
- Windermere Hotel Windermere
- The Windermere Hotel Lake District