“I'm 'Hooked'”

Hooked
Ranked #4 of 80 Restaurants in Windermere
Price range: US$28 - US$43
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Fantastic range of seafood, cooked fresh to order. Menu changes daily depending on what comes in from the local supplier in Fleetwood.
Reviewed 13 April 2014

So glad we took other reviewers advice and booked in advance. I'm picky about fish (no bones allowed) so was a little hesitant when I booked this as a treat for my husband. There was no need to worry my cod fillet was to die for and my husband had 3 enormous sardines as a starter and could eat everything (apart from the head). The owner and young lady who waited at the tables could not have been friendlier and to date this is the best fish restaurant we have been to

Write a ReviewReviews (1,346)

Reviewed 12 April 2014

The food was nice, nothing more than average. Host seemed to not want to fill the restaurant and repeatedly turned willing customers away even though there were empty tables available with what seemed to be no bookings for them. No real wait for food but would have appreciated a bit more choice with regard to what was on offer as advertised on the website, no specials advertised either. Wine choice was poor, more like drinking watered down wine or a child's weak fruit cordial.

1  Thank JamesIr86
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We tried to get a table on our first night in Windermere, but were unable to, so we booked there and then on the spot for the following night. Having had a bit of a disaster at two other local restaurants on our first night, we were really looking forward to Hooked. And we were not disappointed one bit. My starter fish cakes were very tasty with a lovely chillii sauce, which came separately (if you didn't want too much spice, you could omit the sauce) and my sea trout on a garden pea and pancetta cream sauce was heavenly. Beautifully cooked, with complementary vegetables. I could have eaten it twice over. My boyfriend's seabass with Thai flavours was also lovely, although maybe the very English vegetables did not work quite as well with the main fish, as with the sae trout. A very well stocked and wide ranging wine cellar made it difficult to choose but we did manage! Excellence, unobtrusive service from staff. The owner Michael Gould is pleasant but slightly off-putting on first impression. By this I mean that he comes across a little cold, but he runs a tight ship, insists on quality for diners and looking after his diners. He does not appear to tolerate late comers, as this affects the enjoyment for other diners who turn up on time. I applaud his standards, to be honest. This restaurant is such an oasis in Windermere and within fish restaurants in general. We would not hesitate to re-visit, having booked first! If at first you cannot get a table, try, try again. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Fantastic little restaurant. Fresh fish absolutely beautifully cooked, makes you realise how bad some fish dishes can actually be. Vegetables were well seasoned and also perfectly cooked. Great host and lovely atmosphere without the need for music! So glad and lucky we got a table! Definitely book in advance. Wish I could of had enough room for a starter also, they looked delicious. However desserts were very good also.

1  Thank Murrayv
Reviewed 3 April 2014

This is a small restaurant which serves the freshest fish, whatever is available that day. Our food was delicious and the service was excellent. We would definitely go again.

1  Thank Jodibxt