“Stay clear terrible food and service..worst chippy ive ever had!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Little Chippy

Little Chippy
Ranked #16 of 74 Restaurants in Windermere
Cuisines: Fast food, British
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Cash Only, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Take away fish and chip shop.
“Stay clear terrible food and service..worst chippy ive ever had!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

First of all the guy behind counter was very rude after i asked a friendly comment bout his fancy till. Turns out its the only nice thing about the place. Cod was terrible...more batter than fish. Chips were back heat!! Curry sauce was horrible and the worst was the onion rings which was pure grease and was struggling to find any actuall onion. I am now preparing myself for a nite on the loo!

• Visited July 2013

• Polish first
Geneva, Switzerland
“Unfriendly service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

After a long drive up the M6 motorway arriving in the village late evening we were in need of a bite to eat. While we found the standard of the fish and chips to be reasonable, what really annoyed was the unfriendly fella behind the counter since we attempted to engage him in some sort of conversation but he was glued to a football match on TV which was obviously more important than customer relations. We did get the feeling that it was a case of "more tourists" though little did he know that I was back home visiting family in the village where I was brought up and consider myself to be a "local"!

• Visited May 2013
Prescot, United Kingdom
“what a shame!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

called here for chips on our way home, we wont be calling again. the chips were mostly bits, and had been re-heated. we ended up throwing at least half of them away. staff not pleasant either, looked as if they wanted to go home and not be bothered with tourists

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank gedandsue300869
Sheffield, UK
“Oily, tasteless and cheap”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

My fish and chips certainly didn't look like the picture!

They fry fish, chips and meat in separate vats - great for vegetarians I thought!

Unfortunately the chips were of the oily tasteless cheap potato variety.

I asked for cod but it certainly didn't taste like any cod I have ever eaten! There was also about 40% batter and 60% fish.

I paid £5, the restaurant was empty at the time and there was no excuse to get it wrong, especially the fish which was cooked to order yet still came out very oily.

Don't go unless desperate.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank DazedByTheLight
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic service and great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

wWhat can we say…….? A day in Bowness and in Windermere ended with us in the Little Chippy before returning to Scotland on the train. The fish was very good indeed - we had one cod and one haddock. The service was very cheery and pleasant. Our trip was tainted by my wife losing a small piece of jewellery at some point during the day. I called around a number of places we'd visited but to no avail. Imagine my disbelief when I called the Little Chippy and they had been waiting on me getting in touch. They had found the jewellery (which was of great sentimental value and irreplaceable) and posted it to our home address well packaged, by registered post and flat refused to be recompensed. We will definitely be back on our next trip to thank Andy personally and enjoy some more of their food.

Visited May 2013