“POOR SERVICE”
Review of Little Chippy

Little Chippy
Ranked #15 of 74 Restaurants in Windermere
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Take away fish and chip shop.
Stockport, United Kingdom
“POOR SERVICE”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have visited this chip shop many times over the years but I will never venture there again. My only regret is that I did not walk out before paying. I requested 3 fish and was not offered cod or haddock before he began frying them. The lady assistant did not acknowledge me when I walked in and while the fish was cooking she continued to be eating and using a mobile phone. When the fish was cooked she put one in a tray and it all broke up. I had to have this as I could not offer either of my companions as fish in this state. The other 2 went in one tray. When I requested politely that they be put in separate trays she rolled her eyes. It was even an effort for her to put salt and vinegar on. I am annoyed with myself that I did not say something at the time. The fish was greasy with very little batter and not at all up to the standard I have had previously.

• Visited July 2014

• Polish first
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Great Little Chippy”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Visited the Little Chippy wanting some good old fashioned fish and chips and that's exactly what I got.

At £12 for 2 haddock and chips and 2 cans of Coke the food was reasonably priced and the portion size was just right for the money. The fish was cooked fresh and was great quality. The chips were lovely too. The food was just right in the sense of not too greasy and not too dry. Not sure why there seem to be so many mixed reviews as surely the food can't be that inconsistent?!

The lady and gentleman who served me were really friendly and I would definitely visit again.

1 Thank PrincessAM22
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awefull”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The interesting pictures on the wall and the friendly lady behind the counter did not make up for the terrible food. The fish wasn't fresh and the chips just tasted really greasy. I also had curry sauce and mushy peas which I had to throw away because they tasted like water.a real disappointment!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Gooderzz
East Yorkshire,UK
“A real nice Little Chippy”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

If you are after a clean tidy Chippy in Windermere buy from here. Has some fascinating old pictures on the wall which you can view whilst waiting for your nicely cooked Tea or Supper.

Visited June 2014
Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
“Dinner after a long day of traveling to the lakes”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stopped at Little Chippy after a long day of travelling to the lakes. While waiting for our fish & chips we had a nice chat with the owners. The fish & chips were great, one of the best we have ever had!

Visited June 2014