“Wonderful hotel with Stunning views!”

Langdale Chase Hotel
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Windermere
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Wonderful hotel with Stunning views!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

Just had a really wonderful two night stay at the Langdale Chase Hotel. Beautiful!!
Our room 21 had the most amazing views over the lake.
The room was a little dated in decor but it was huge and very comfortable. Beds comfy. The bathroom was lovely and also huge.
The food was brilliant and the menu was changed each night which is great when you are only staying 2 nights.
We had a bar meal the first day. The quality and presentation was great. The evening meal in the restaurant was first class. The staff are immaculately dressed and treat guests in a friendly manner but are so respectfull. It was a lovely experience.
Have already booked to return and have given details to friends who wish to book their wedding there next year.

Room Tip: Room 21 had amazing views and was huge as was the bathroom.
3 Thank Parkes4444
AndrewTighe, General Manager at Langdale Chase Hotel, responded to this review, 19 September 2012
Many thanks for your review following your recent stay. We pride ourself on our location and high calibre members of staff most of which have been with us a long time. Thank you for giving your friends details of our weddings and I hope they get in touch with us so we could possibly hold their big day with us.

Andrew Tighe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
wigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

Just spent just 1 night in the lovely Langdale Chase Hotel ....a birthday present for my 8 year old granddaughter....her choice to stay there!! Although i must admit i've always wanted to stay there myself after seeing it on The Lakes programme last year. Was a deal through Booking.Com. Had a deluxe room with lake views which was tremendous. As she put it "the bathroom was bigger than her own bedroom". Very spacious room with 2 balconies, with wonderful views of the lake. Beautiful gardens. Will definetely be returning very soon. Location handy for Bowness and Ambleside.

Room Tip: Personally a lake view is a must...
4 Thank croft53
Thank you so much for your kind words following your recent stay with us. It is lovely to read that your granddaughter wanted to stay with us and hopefully you will come back soon to stay with us.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012 via mobile

Will try to keep this short!!!!..........but the most fantastic day of my life was here, our wedding here will always be a treasured one! Everything was just perfect,from start to end the staff were amazing! Nothing was a problem,a huge thank you to Andrew who just couldn't do enough for us,my wife and i had our wedding here on 28th Aug and i could not have possibly asked for more! Massive massive thanks to all the staff for making the day so truly memorable, we are back in the area in Nov so you will be seeing us then! Thank you again!

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank shake999
I am so pleased to read that we made your special day so memorable, and both myself and my team look forward to welcoming you both back in November.

Cheshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

Let me start by saying there was absolutely nothing wrong with the hotel at all. We didn't have any problems, we have no grounds for complaint and it's not that I would actively advise people not to go...it just wasn't all that special.
I travel regularly with work and stay in a lot of hotels - some are dreadful, some are lovely and the Langdale Chase was somewhere in the middle, while being priced towards the top end. For one night's dinner, bed & breakfast in a Deluxe room in the Lake House, we paid £148 each.
The location was fantastic, the room was spacious and nicely appointed and the service was excellent.
At this point, you're probably wondering what I'm whining about and you'd have a fair point. The only thing I can say is, for the price, it was only okay - there were no little touches that impressed me. In other hotels of this type & price range, I usually see things like bathrobes in the room, complimentary mineral water, Twinings tea rather than Tetley on the tea tray, Verbena or Molton Brown toiletries - especially in rooms which are classed above standard. There weren't any of these touches here and it damaged the overall impression. For example, the biscuits on the tea tray were the same brand as we get in the £40 a night B&B that we take the dogs to.
The food, again, was only okay - after dinner, I was surprised that if I wanted decaffeinated coffee, I could only have instant (full marks for honesty from the staff, though). In the morning, I was disappointed that breakfast was buffet style rather than freshly cooked to order. At both meals, though, the staff were attentive, friendly, professional and helpful.
So overall, although there was nothing actually wrong, I won't go back and I won't recommend the Langdale Chase to anyone else. I expected to be impressed and I wasn't.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Ali2604
Many thanks for your review, firstly I am pleased to read that you found the staff attentive, friendly and professional. Your comments regarding the bathrobes and complimentary water, this is something which is only offered in 5 star and maybe the odd 4 star hotel, and we are only a 3 star hotel. I am sorry to read that you would not recommend the hotel even though you have said you have no grounds for complaint.

Knutsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

We eat outside on the terrace for Sunday lunch. Its elevated position gives it tremendous views over the lake. Our roast dinner was two generous slices of beef, roast potato and a giant Yorkshire pudding, with great gravy. The lack of veg wasn’t a problem for us, but a little jug of additional gravy would have been a great addition.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank bowyer_11
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your Sunday lunch with us whilst enjoying the stunning views across Windermere. Next time you visit us, please just ask a member staff who will be happy to provide you with extra gravy. Hopefully you will be back soon to enjoy our Sunday lunch.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

We have recently returned from holding our wedding at the Langdale Chase Hotel (08.09.2012).
From the initial booking enquiry to sadly having to leave on Sunday after the wedding weekend we cannot fault the kindness and dedication of all the hotel staff.
We all stayed in the Lake House which was maintained to an exceptionally high standard, fantastic views across the lake and the immaculate gardens.
The wedding went like a dream with the assistance of the charming Andrew and ever helpful and friendly Ali - thanks a lot for all your help and kindness xx
As for the wedding breakfast and indeed all the meals we had during our stay - what can I say but our compliments to the chef - fabulous food!!!
For anyone looking to book their dream wedding do not hesitate to book this fantastic hotel,its location is outstanding!!!
All our best wishes to Andrew and all the staff at the Langdale - we cannot wait to return xx

Room Tip: We booked the whole wedding party into the Lake House, all rooms exceptional. We have also stayed in...
3 Thank JanandRuss_11
AndrewTighe, General Manager at Langdale Chase Hotel, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
Many thanks for your lovely kind words regarding your big day with us last weekend. It is so pleasurable to read such lovely comments and makes all of our hard work seem worthwhile when we realise that we have made somebody’s wedding day so memorable. Keep in touch and both myself and my team look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for many anniversaries to come.

Preston, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012

Earlier today we were refused a 2pm booking for Sunday lunch because we arrived 3 minutes late. The outing, 120 miles round trip, was supposed to be a special treat for my parents, who are almost 90 years old. Our reason for arriving late was unusually heavy traffic and the time it took to get my parents into the restaurant bar area. Although I accept that their lunch times are 12pm - 2pm, how can they make a reservation for 2pm if the kitchen closes at that time? I could understand the cold reception if we had arrived 15 or 30 minutes late but 3 minutes is a bit much! Attitude is my main criticism. Expecting to have a 3 course lunch, none of us had eaten earlier. Although it must have been perfectly clear that my parents have mobility problems and were disappointed, no apology was given. Despite being told by a person I assume to be the restaurant manager that we could have a bar meal, we left and will not be returning - no matter how many good reviews the hotel gets.

Room Tip: No doubt the rooms are fine but don't be late for lunch!
15 Thank Val H
In response to this review, although our lunch is served 12 until 2pm daily in our restaurant, I have done a lot of investigating into this issue and have been assured by my Restaurant Manager that although the guest were a bit late, he did offer to take them into the restaurant for their lunch, but the guest declined and stated that they wanted a couple of drinks before they went in for lunch. Although we are very flexible with many aspects, we did try and take the guest through to the restaurant but they declined and we then offered them a meal in the Lake view conservatory as an alternative which was also declined by them. I am sorry that you will not be returning, but hopefully you will reconsider.