Langdale Chase Hotel
US$196
US$173
Agoda.com
  • Pool
The Windermere Hotel(Windermere)(Great Value!)
US$87
Travelocity
US$189
Official Site
1,171 results
All reviewsbaronial hallwedding venuestunning viewsboat housesmall weddingwedding breakfastmain buildingbeautiful hotelwonderful weddinglake districtdaughters weddingperfect settingsecond to nonelog fireroll top bathfrom start to finishwalk in shower
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I phoned the Hotel mid Autumn to enquire about the Rooms, if suitable for me, as I am disabled. I was assured that room 86 in the Lake House, was indeed suitable for my needs And I was also told that the distance from the Lake House to the Hotel, was aprox. 50yds..So I booked the 3night stay for myself and my Wife. Our room was very spacious, and warm. BUT their were no Disabled facilities, at all. The Bathroom had no grab rails etc. at all. The distance from the Lake House, was more like 200yds, than 50. So we had no alternative but to go for our meals in the car.Fortunatly I had a Mobility small scooter in the car, so I went into the Dining Room,/Lounges on this.
But overall, our stay was indeed magical, the food was excellent, the staff so warm and friendly and so helpful. And Andrew the Manager, is a star.
What a shame, that this magnificent Hotel, like this, can be so dog friendly, and yet disabled unfriendly. There a downstairs toilet for the disabled, for non residents, surely it wont take much to make at least 1/2 rooms suitable, as Rothay Manor has?

Room Tip: If the Ladies are taking mid calf or long dresses, the wardrobe in room 86 is an old fashioned Gentlemans wardrobe, and no room for these at all.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hungry midget E
AndrewTighe, General Manager at Langdale Chase Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Thank you for your lovely review following your Christmas break at the hotel in our wonderful Lakehouse. I am pleased that all in all you enjoyed your stay however, I would just like to clear up a few comments, although the room you were allocated is flat access all the way from the car park and into the room. We do have one room within the Lakehouse which does has all of the grab rails in the room, maybe this was unavailable at the time of booking.

With regards to the main house, we have flat access all the way again from the car park and all of the public areas within the hotel are easily accessible with no stairs, we also have a room in the main house which has no stairs to gain access along with our disabled toilet.

We do however look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

This romantic, gothic hotel with gorgeous grounds and outstanding views of the lake is a pleasure to visit. I've never stayed here but have popped in for afternoon teas and snacks over the years and have always felt welcome.

This might sound daft but the reason I haven't stayed here are the uncomfortable looking collection of spindly, on the whole unattractive chairs in both the grand entrance hall and main lounge.

They look so dated and one feels like a guest in a very nice old people's home rather than a hotel. 'Buy some new settees'. I want to shout. Get some comfy, mismatching ones that can seat three or four people with some attractive coffee tables and put some books and magazines and photos on them so people want to linger.

These rooms are beautiful but dressed in a tired way which makes the rest of the hotel then appear a little down at heel. It's such a shame as I love The Langdale Chase.

Surely making these two rooms more welcoming since they are the heart of the hotel and the initial impression, would be a good investment.

Either way, I will be back but I won't be staying the night.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ElizabethCarlisl
AndrewTighe, General Manager at Langdale Chase Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Thank you for your review and your comments firstly regarding this outstanding building and the gorgeous grounds we are set in.

I have taken on board your comments regarding the settees and I really do have to disagree with you. The furniture is a beautiful part of this hotel and especially the Baronial Hall with its ornate carvings and beautiful fireplaces.

I am amazed by your comments regarding the spindly furniture, these are beautiful antique, and hand crafted pieces of furniture which lend themselves to this grand hallway and to put large sofas and coffee tables in this area would take away the grandeur of this building, in the Piano Lounge we have beautiful comfy sofas, which in an afternoon or an evening after dinner, people are queuing for, and the design and hand crafted wood work on display in this lounge again would ruin the grandeur, also the size of this room, larger furniture would not be a viable option. We have magazines and newspapers on display, in the Piano Lounge, and books in our library for guests to read should they wish.

The Baronial Hall is probably one of the most stunning entrance halls for a hotel in the whole Country, and the beautiful paintings, carvings and fireplaces make a fabulous initial impression. We look forward to your visit to the hotel in the future, but I am mystified by your comments, that even if we were to change the furniture you still would not stay the night.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

We have just spend a 2 night stay in this hotel for a wedding , the room we were given was no 51,this room is massive with views of windermere and the hills beyond, all meals were excellent and the service was great, the entrance hall is a stunning setting for the wedding , no on we know had a bad word about their stay,

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank focus1
AndrewTighe, General Manager at Langdale Chase Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Thank you for your lovely review following your stay with us for the wedding. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hopefully we will see you back at the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

I rang up at the last minute to book in for New Year's Eve, very doubtful that we could get dinner as well as a room. We were offered a gala dinner deal, which turned out to be a fabulous offer, of exceptionally good value for money. We were booked into the Boat House room, which has one of the best views in the country, over the lake. The room is lovely, and the bed was extremely comfortable. We had a Bucks Fizz and canapes reception before dinner. The dinner was beautifully cooked and presented. The staff were all wonderful. The training must be exceptional, because they were all attentive and very customer-focussed. The brunch - which thankfully started at 10.00 (after a late night disco) was as excellent as the previous night's dinner. I defy anyone to find something which could not be catered for on the extensive menu. Everything was delightful, and it was great to socialise with other guests. As someone else has said, it was just like a family house party. We can not recommend this hotel highly enough. It must be a fabulous venue for a wedding. Book in and enjoy! Deb and Ian

Room Tip: Request a lake view, you will be enchanted.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely review following your New Year break with us. The boathouse is probably the most unique bedroom in the Country overlooking nothing but the lake, perfect for that romantic break away. Please be sure to come back and visit us sometime for another relaxing break in our Boathouse.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We've stayed overnight on our anniversary since our wedding in this hotel four years ago, we've never been disappointed the staff are very friendly and welcoming the food is fantastic, can recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a special location for their wedding or special occasion .

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
AndrewTighe, General Manager at Langdale Chase Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Thank you for your lovely review and I am so pleased that you enjoyed another Anniversary with us. We look forward to welcoming you back next year for another celebration.