“Wonderful stay”

Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Windermere
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We are just back from a one night dinner bed and breakfast stay at the Langdale Chase hotel.
We had a brilliant deal with a deluxe lake view bedroom. The room was to die for. A very large bedroom with seating area and balcony. Fantastic views through 5 large windows across the front of the hotel.
After relaxing in front of the fire in the lounge we had the most delicious evening meal.
All the staff were so friendly and attentive. They all made us feel very at home.
Even the lovely gardener popped in and said hello and made sure the fire was all stoked up for us.
Thank you to all the staff there, we will be back very soon.

Room Tip: We has room 2 , fantastic views.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
AndrewTighe, General Manager at Langdale Chase Hotel, responded to this review, 2 February 2014
Thank you for your lovely review following your recent stay, the log fires are just beautiful at this time of year to sit and relax in front of, we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Andrew Tighe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
liverpool
Reviewed 29 January 2014

my husband and I have just got back from this beautiful , tranquil haven hotel ,and I felt I had to do this review. we stayed two nights to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary, and it was just lovely. . we cannot thank all the management and staff alike for their kindness and also to say a big thank you for our private dining experience it was so romantic and it will always be a memorable moment .we stayed in room 2 and the view was breathtaking. the hotel is just a beautiful building with just the most fantastic décor and the furnishings represent the period of the hotel. the food we had was lovely and the service was excellent. we had a lovely young man called Mathew how was so attentive and professional in his role .my husband and I are already planning our next visit to you in this lovely hotel the grounds that this hotel is in is a tribute to the gardner's hard work they are truly kept beautiful.

Room Tip: room 2 was just a lovely spacious room with fantastic views
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
AndrewTighe, General Manager at Langdale Chase Hotel, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Thank you for your lovely review at was a real pleasure having you to stay at the Langdale Chase, please come back and visit us again soon, and I will be sure to pass on your kind words to all the team here especially Matthew, who is a valuable asset to the team here.

I hope you have a lovely 2014 and hopefully we will see you later in the year.

Windermere, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I arranged to meet someone here for a business meeting over a cup of coffee and I have to say the receptionist could not have had a better manner or been more helpful. I found that my O2 phone had no service and she was quick to say it would be fine to use the landline then and there on the spot for no charge.
I know this is only a small point but i hope it demonstrates the service.
That topped with good coffee in a stunning setting made the whole experience great!
I will now have to eat there next time and savour their delights even more!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your lovely review following your brief visit to the hotel, I am so pleased to read that you were well looked after, and please be sure to have lunch or afternoon tea on your next visit.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Booked this trip due to the hotel special offer, also our dog could come with us too. I have stayed before on my own and wanted my husband to see this place for himself. We were in the lake house no 81, everything in the room was perfect, spotless. Wonderful view of the lake, I really like the little balcony, in summer it will be very nice to sit out there with a chilled glass of something! The main hotel has great charm and a homely atmosphere, a very warm welcome from Karen. Dinner menu had the feel of fine dining; we were not disappointed, extensive cheese board selection finished an excellent meal. Restaurant service overall was very good if a little too keen, on one occasion, to clear my plate before I had quite finished. Breakfast delicious, even though we came in towards the end of service our full English was freshly cooked to order. Very impressed with the dog walking area, spotless, with a bin provided. Checking out was easy and efficient. Looking forward to a return visit soon.

Room Tip: I have only stayed in the Lake House, which is about 200yds maybe less from the main hotel, you may...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
AndrewTighe, General Manager at Langdale Chase Hotel, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely review following your recent stay. The Lakehouse is the Jewel in our crown, with wet rooms, modern furnishings and balconies offering stunning views across Lake Windermere. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon,

Poulton Le Fylde, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I phoned the Hotel mid Autumn to enquire about the Rooms, if suitable for me, as I am disabled. I was assured that room 86 in the Lake House, was indeed suitable for my needs And I was also told that the distance from the Lake House to the Hotel, was aprox. 50yds..So I booked the 3night stay for myself and my Wife. Our room was very spacious, and warm. BUT their were no Disabled facilities, at all. The Bathroom had no grab rails etc. at all. The distance from the Lake House, was more like 200yds, than 50. So we had no alternative but to go for our meals in the car.Fortunatly I had a Mobility small scooter in the car, so I went into the Dining Room,/Lounges on this.
But overall, our stay was indeed magical, the food was excellent, the staff so warm and friendly and so helpful. And Andrew the Manager, is a star.
What a shame, that this magnificent Hotel, like this, can be so dog friendly, and yet disabled unfriendly. There a downstairs toilet for the disabled, for non residents, surely it wont take much to make at least 1/2 rooms suitable, as Rothay Manor has?

Room Tip: If the Ladies are taking mid calf or long dresses, the wardrobe in room 86 is an old fashioned Gentl...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hungry midget E
AndrewTighe, General Manager at Langdale Chase Hotel, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Thank you for your lovely review following your Christmas break at the hotel in our wonderful Lakehouse. I am pleased that all in all you enjoyed your stay however, I would just like to clear up a few comments, although the room you were allocated is flat access all the way from the car park and into the room. We do have one room within the Lakehouse which does has all of the grab rails in the room, maybe this was unavailable at the time of booking.

With regards to the main house, we have flat access all the way again from the car park and all of the public areas within the hotel are easily accessible with no stairs, we also have a room in the main house which has no stairs to gain access along with our disabled toilet.

We do however look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Carlisle
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

This romantic, gothic hotel with gorgeous grounds and outstanding views of the lake is a pleasure to visit. I've never stayed here but have popped in for afternoon teas and snacks over the years and have always felt welcome.

This might sound daft but the reason I haven't stayed here are the uncomfortable looking collection of spindly, on the whole unattractive chairs in both the grand entrance hall and main lounge.

They look so dated and one feels like a guest in a very nice old people's home rather than a hotel. 'Buy some new settees'. I want to shout. Get some comfy, mismatching ones that can seat three or four people with some attractive coffee tables and put some books and magazines and photos on them so people want to linger.

These rooms are beautiful but dressed in a tired way which makes the rest of the hotel then appear a little down at heel. It's such a shame as I love The Langdale Chase.

Surely making these two rooms more welcoming since they are the heart of the hotel and the initial impression, would be a good investment.

Either way, I will be back but I won't be staying the night.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ElizabethCarlisl
AndrewTighe, General Manager at Langdale Chase Hotel, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Thank you for your review and your comments firstly regarding this outstanding building and the gorgeous grounds we are set in.

I have taken on board your comments regarding the settees and I really do have to disagree with you. The furniture is a beautiful part of this hotel and especially the Baronial Hall with its ornate carvings and beautiful fireplaces.

I am amazed by your comments regarding the spindly furniture, these are beautiful antique, and hand crafted pieces of furniture which lend themselves to this grand hallway and to put large sofas and coffee tables in this area would take away the grandeur of this building, in the Piano Lounge we have beautiful comfy sofas, which in an afternoon or an evening after dinner, people are queuing for, and the design and hand crafted wood work on display in this lounge again would ruin the grandeur, also the size of this room, larger furniture would not be a viable option. We have magazines and newspapers on display, in the Piano Lounge, and books in our library for guests to read should they wish.

The Baronial Hall is probably one of the most stunning entrance halls for a hotel in the whole Country, and the beautiful paintings, carvings and fireplaces make a fabulous initial impression. We look forward to your visit to the hotel in the future, but I am mystified by your comments, that even if we were to change the furniture you still would not stay the night.

england
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We have just spend a 2 night stay in this hotel for a wedding , the room we were given was no 51,this room is massive with views of windermere and the hills beyond, all meals were excellent and the service was great, the entrance hall is a stunning setting for the wedding , no on we know had a bad word about their stay,

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank focus1
AndrewTighe, General Manager at Langdale Chase Hotel, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Thank you for your lovely review following your stay with us for the wedding. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hopefully we will see you back at the hotel in the near future.