“The best decision we ever made”

Langdale Chase Hotel
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Windermere
Wigan, United Kingdom
“The best decision we ever made”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We held our wedding at the Chase on Monday 17th February this year.

There is absolutely nothing that I can say went wrong with our wedding day (apart from the weather, but that's nothing the hotel can control!)

Right from the planning stages I felt that we were important to the Hotel. Andrew was always friendly and approachable (as was another lady we met with, whos name I'm afraid escapes me), and I felt at ease sending in questions by phone and e-mail to the friendly reception team who always got back to us within a day at the latest. This was one of the main decisions that we decided to book the hotel for our wedding, as we felt we were safe within a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Not to mention the view!

On our wedding day, Andrew, Ben and all the team worked tirelessly to ensure that our day went according to plan, and many members of our families commented on how hard the whole team worked, and how accommodating they were. These guys work damn hard all day and every day I should imagine and don't get half of the recognition they deserve.

The food at our wedding breakfast was absolutely perfect, everything came out hot, and everybody got what they had ordered without complaint. It all tasted incredible (the beef... just wow!) and I have no issues with what we received at all.

I unfortunately suffer from OCD and was very concerned about the setup of our wedding day decorations, what with not having much control over them, but with the watchful eye of our best man being allowed to cast a gaze over the proceedings, and being updated with the runnings of the day on a regular basis I felt at ease on the morning of the wedding, and was proud of what everybody achieved. By the time I had sat down for the wedding breakfast, the whole place looked stunning.

We paid for a package that allows complete takeover of the hotel, so that all of our guests could stay in the bedrooms of the hotel. I've read other reviews that say that the decor is a little dated, but I personally found it added something to the charm of the hotel. In our room, it was spotlessly clean and contained the biggest bed I have ever seen in my life. No complaints from any other of our guests aside from one mention about there being a lack of child safety locks in one of the rooms. A minor niggle.

In summary - If you are thinking of booking a wedding here, don't even hesitate. The whole team of staff here are excellent, friendly, approachable, and will not disappoint you, not to mention that the prices of weddings here are extremely realistic compared to other venues in the area. If you want a smooth, well organised, finely tuned day in stunning surroundings with memories that will last a lifetime, this is the place for you.

Thank you for a day we will treasure forever!

- Paul & Kerry Sharpe

Room Tip: Room 1's view is out of this world!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
AndrewTighe, General Manager at Langdale Chase Hotel, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thank you for your lovely review from your wedding, and I am pleased that we made your day special for you. I will be sure to pass on all of your kind words to the whole team here and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for your anniversary.

Andrew Tighe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
Seaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014

First class from start to finish whilst at nephew' s wedding 17th. February. A great team delivering great service in an idyllic setting. Seamless organisation in the context of a warm and friendly atmosphere. Highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank ColinSharpe
AndrewTighe, General Manager at Langdale Chase Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you for your lovely review and kind words regarding your stay for the wedding. we look forward to welcoming you to the hotel for a future stay, and I will also ensure all of your feedback is relayed onto all the team here.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We've just come back from a great two night stay at the Langdale Chase. The bedrooms were amazing and the bathrooms even better! The view from our room was fantastic with our own private balcony.
The staff are brilliant and nothing is too much for them.
Can't wait to return!!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Catmay24
Thank you for your excellent review following your recent Romantic getaway. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon,

Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

We had our wedding at Langdale Chase on the 12th Feb 2014 and we spent 2 lovely days there. The staff we superb and did everything to make the day very special. Many thanks to Andrew and his team. We would highly recommend this hotel for a wedding and for a short stay.8

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Stephen B
AndrewTighe, General Manager at Langdale Chase Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely review and I am so pleased that we made your big day so special for you. The whole team at the hotel look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for your anniversary.

kilwinning
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Just back from a 2 night stay at this hotel with my husband. Was in Lake Lodge room 86. Beautiful views even in the rain! There were just a few things that were not great but overall experience was good. Bed was very hard, 2 single beds zipped together with very poor pillows which resulted in us not sleeping very well. The only other complaint was in the evening the waitress who served us didnt seem to understand English or maybe it was just my Scottish accent!! Anyway I asked at the bar for a pint of beer and was told they didnt sell it, only ginger beer. She also served us at dinner time and I found my pork very tough and left it on the plate. When she asked me how my meal was and I told her that pork was tough she said "Thats lovely" and took my plate away! I would really have loved to recommend this hotel to others because of the view and location etc but it just didnt live up to my expectations. I have stayed in the Lake District on numerous occasions but will probably try somewhere else next time. On a positive finish I can understand why people have weddings there. The photographs etc would be fantastic!

Room Tip: Lake View Lodge rooms have lovely views.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jillian b
AndrewTighe, General Manager at Langdale Chase Hotel, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Thank you for your review, and I am sorry that you did not feel your stay was perfect. I would just like to clear up a couple of your comments for you, the zip and link beds which we use, are common practice in hotels round the world so that the bed can be used as either a twin or a double.

With regards to the waitress who served you, I am sorry that you felt she did not understand you, we have just had a couple of new staff in the restaurant recently and they are still learning all aspects of the bar and restaurant duties, so my apologies about any confusion there. I do hope this will not put you off returning to the hotel, where if you contact myself directly I will ensure that you are in a double bedded room and I will also be on hand to ensure your stay is an enjoyable one.

North West
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Although I haven't stayed here I have called a number of times for a bar meal at lunchtimes or for the excellent afternoon tea. The food is always good and reasonably priced with lovely views and friendly and attentive staff.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
AndrewTighe, General Manager at Langdale Chase Hotel, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Thank you for your review, and hopefully one day we will persuade you to stay over. In the meantime we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon,

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed at langdale chase for two nights in January with my boyfriend. We were so impressed with this beautiful hotel. We were greeted by friendly, helpful staff and had brilliant service throughout our stay.
The view out through the large windows in our room was breathtaking. We were overlooking the lake and got to enjoy the spectacular scenery from the comfort of our bed.
The room was spacious, clean and nicely decorated. We took breakfast both mornings and had several options to choose from. The food was delicious and it was the perfect way to start the day.
The location was easy to access and an ideal base in the Lake District as the surrounding countryside was absolutely stunning. The hotel was very comfortable and would be ideal for anyone looking to enjoy a holiday in the Lakes.
Thank you so much Langdale Chase for a lovely weekend.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laura1319
What a brilliant review and I thank you for it, it makes all of our work hard work seem worthwhile, we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon,