“lovely guest house- as described on the web site”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Beaumont House

Beaumont House
Ranked #35 of 109 Windermere B&B and Inns
Great Wyrley, England, United Kingdom
“lovely guest house- as described on the web site”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

You get what it says on the website.Lovely two nights stay. Very clean, lovely room, met with tea and biscuits on arrival and a useful guide to the area and to local restaurants. Very traditionally decorated Lake district victorian house, Breakfast was plentiful with a good choice and beautifully cooked. They even provided a bottle of wine for our wedding anniversary! It is easy to walk to the town of Windermere, and about 15-20 minutes to walk to Bowness, which is recommended due to the lack of parking there.

1 Thank jooles2005
Brooklawn, Owner at Beaumont House, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Thank you for kind review and positive comments about your recent stay with us.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back in the future.

Best Wishes

Denise

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from two nights at Beaumont House and have had a wonderful time. We had had a terrible start to our anniversary break by having to check out of the terrible hotel in the Highlands we had originally booked and were saved by being fortunate enough to secure two nights at Beaumont House. We were made so very welcome by Denise and our room was gorgeous, with a sumptuous four poster bed and amazing spa shower! I can't thank you enough, Denise for rescuing what started off as a disastrous break for us and ended up being wonderful. We will definitely return to Beaumont House.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Beciboooo
Brooklawn, Owner at Beaumont House, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Thank you for your excellent review on Beaumont House - we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

Have just revisited the Beaumont for another enjoyable stay in Windermere.
The hospitality was excellent, rooms very comfortable, lovely breakfast and very friendly, helpful staff so I was a little surprised to read the reviews from some recent guests who criticised various things. We can only praise this establishment and will be returning again in the future.

Brooklawn, Owner at Beaumont House, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent visit to Beaumont House. It is always a pleasure to welcome back returning guests.

Hawick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

We booked this after reading other reviews. We were not to be disappointed. Our room had a four poster bed which was very comfortable. Kettle with tea, coffee and hot chocolate! Cosy bathroom with heated towel rail and good sized fluffy towels. Shower gel and shampoo in the shower. The extra touch that I liked was the jar with cotton wool and cotton buds and nail file. Breakfast was lovely with choice of cereals then a full cooked breakfast or toast with eggs how you like them! We will definately stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank FiNeil
Brooklawn, Owner at Beaumont House, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Beaumont House - your kind positive comments are much appreciated by my staff and myself.

We look forward to you staying with us again.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

We had a fantastic stay. This guest house deserves everyone of its 5 stars. It was clean, comfortable, quiet with a great freshly cooked to order breakfast. The location is brilliant for sight seeing in the Lake District and we would absolutely go back to stay. The guest house is off the main road so no traffic noise and the bed was really comfy. Staff were so friendly. Everything was beautifully decorated and the bathroom looked like new with both whirlpool bath and shower. Very good rate for such a fab place and location. We stayed 4 nights and wish it had been longer.

Room Tip: We had room 4 which was so peaceful with all the facilities you could need.
Brooklawn, Owner at Beaumont House, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Thank you for your kind comments in reviewing Beaumont House following your recent visit.- it was very much appreciated.

We look forward to seeing you again.

West Lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

I am not sure if I stayed in the same b & b as the previous two reviewers.! I loved the Beaumont. Lets be clear its not a cheap premier inn with no character, neither is it the Hilton Manchester with the lack of personalisation which large chains have! Staff were warm and welcoming, coffee and biscuits on arrival was a nice touch, and the room and shower were lovely. I would die for the shower room at home let alone the four poster bed. The house is Victorian but is light and airy which I found refreshing. Some establishments we have stayed in kept the dark colours and heavy tapestries of the Victorian era. Everywhere is extremely clean and there is almost a sense of OCD as everything is in its rightful place, very neat, tidy and a feeling of being well organised which I liked. Hubby had full English breakfast although black pudding is not on the menu a fellow guest requested and it wasn't a problem. I would definitely go back and i tend to trust the majority of the reviewers feedback when choosing accommodation via Trip advisor and this hotel has certainly some excellent reviews.

1 Thank L0veEngland
Brooklawn, Owner at Beaumont House, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Thank you for your excellent review and ratings afforded to us after your recent visit. My staff and I appreciate your kind positive comments.

Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

On 10th August 2013', myself and my friend were serching for a bed and breakfast to stay in, we stumbled upon this one, when we went in the lady said it was £120 per night then we explained our situation so she dropped the price to £100...came in I paid for our room but felt that we should have seen it first even tho it was the last one, we was both tired and just needed a night to stay. They need to seriously take a note on what guests are saying in order to make it a better 5 star bed and breakfast.

Number 1 the breakfast times need to be later then 8/9am
Also check out should be 12 not 10am
the bathroom door doesn't shut properly
The whirlpool should be allowed longer use especially when paying £100 per night
The bed should have drapes across not just an open post bed
Tv needs to be moved so that two people can view it in a better position rather than having a pot in front of it
The lady that showed us the room said to open the window by pushing it upwards, we now have found that the window won't go back down and it is jammed
The toilet doesn't flush properly
Tv doesn't work either
Breakfast toast was burnt and I felt that we couldn't eat it
Radio doesn't work properly
Lights in room very dim
The scrambled egg was nice, however felt like they were putting me on a diet due to portions size should be a bigger buffet display bigger portion sizes as guests will enjoy a big breakfast for there money worth
Asked for a hot chocolate on menu and lady told me it was only tea and coffee or hot chocolate, I was baffled as to why it was even on the menu, in the end she came with it and provided me with a very dirty look, which made me feel uncomfortable to ask for anything else even though I am a guest, and upon leaving the breakfast room I noticed she only politely said goodbye to my friend and not me, not very guest satisfactory at all need to seriously improve in this area

For £100 a night guests do expect more and therefore you need to listen to them in order to improve your standards I will definitely not be paying this price for this place again, I don't normally complain, however I felt it were necessarily and also for the price I will do. SO TAKE NOTE OF YOUR CUSTOMER REVIEWS!!!!!!
I will not recommend this place to anyone either.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: What swimming pool and what fitness centre
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
8 Thank Jessica T
Brooklawn, Owner at Beaumont House, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
I am more than a little astonished by this review and feel that we need to respond to the comments fully and put details in context. At no time was any indication given that she was dissatisfied, there are guests questionnaires in the Room Folders where guests can write their comments on, and even on check-out these guests did not raise any issues when asked, We arranged to store their luggage for the remainder of the morning until they were ready to leave however, they returned early due to the inclement weather and we invited them to stay in the lounge until they were ready to depart. We also offered them a drink!
When the ladies arrived, without a booking, we offered them one of our Empire Four Poster Ensuite Rooms with a whirlpool bath in the ensuite at a reduced rate of £120.00, however they informed us that they had come looking for work and only had £100.00 – my Assistant took pity on them and asked if I would let the room go for £100.00 as they were such nice young ladies. I agreed and they were checked in. We would have gladly shown them the room first if they had asked but they seemed anxious to secure accommodation and the booking was processed.
In line with the majority of B & B’s breakfast is 8.15 to 9.15 and we explain to guests that 9.15 is not the end of breakfast but the latest time we ask them to arrive. This is to enable us to clear away prior to guests checking out at 10.30 and in order to prepare for the arrival of new guests from 2 p.m. Unfortunately we do not have the luxury of the large volume of staff that are employed at City Centre Hotels where they previously worked. If guests require a late check-out it can be mutually arranged subject to availability.
We were glad you enjoyed your scrambled eggs and are sorry that you felt the portion size was not large enough to satisfy your appetite – our breakfast menu does state if you require a larger portion you only need to ask! We endeavour to meet our guests requirements and would have willingly provided lightly cooked toast if our offering was too well done for you.
The numerous points raised in your review as faulty are checked on each departure by our Housekeeper whilst cleaning the rooms and were found to be in good working order when checked; we have not received any previous or subsequent complaints with regard to them. Occasionally televisions may have to be reset due to guests not being ‘au fait’ with the controls!
We were not aware of the bathroom door not closing properly but we will investigate and it will be rectified if found to be faulty.
As previously mentioned the room you stayed in had an Empire Four Poster Bed – it has a post at each corner of the bed and therefore it is not possible to have drapes round the bed as with a traditional four poster. As the TV is mounted on the wall in the bedroom, I am not sure what is meant by the pot in front of the TV!
We like to think that guests who visit Beaumont House are considerate and respect other guests so ask that they refrain from using the whirlpool bath between 10 p.m. and 8 a.m. so as not to inconvenience others.
The lighting in the room is such that it provides adequate luminance and doesn’t dazzle – we appreciate that in our attempt to be ‘green and protect the planet’ the low energy bulbs we use take a few minutes to warm up and may not be as bright as some people would prefer.
I must apologise if my Assistant seemed surprised at your request for a hot chocolate in addition to the glass of orange and cup of tea in front of you but I informed her that it was not a problem and she delivered it to the table.
It is a courtesy we extend to all guests for my staff to say goodbye when guests leave the dining room but one greeting between guests that are together usually suffices. I am sure had she realised you felt left out she would have made an exception for you.
Lastly I am not sure what to make of the Room Tip regarding there not being a swimming pool or fitness centre – we definitely do not have either.
It is extremely saddening to read this review as my staff and myself work extremely hard to achieve consistently high standards of hospitality and housekeeping within our establishment which are enjoyed and appreciated by the majority of our guests. I hope I have covered all the issues raised by this young lady