“The New Coach House Suite is AMAZING”

Cedar Manor Hotel and Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Windermere
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Ok, so firstly, ignore anything negative that any of the previous reviewers have had to say about the Coach House Suite, it has been entirely renovated, and is in a word, SUBLIME. It was the perfect temperature, and completely silent (not to mention lavishly decorated and fitted with all the mod cons)!

I booked a two night stay in the Coach House Suite as I was planning to propose to my girlfriend on our weekend away. I was expecting an enjoyable experience, and we definitely got one!

On our arrival (which was late in anyone's book) the welcome we got made us feel right at home straight away. This was topped off by the fact that on exploring the suite, we found a personal postcard along with some local nibbles, chocolates and fantastic damson gin for two!

The suite is fantastic, completely separate from the main hotel (which itself is lovely, but its nice to have some privacy sometimes!) and set over two floors, Jon and Caroline have thought of everything. The jacuzzi bath was very relaxing, the bed extremely comfortable, and the sound system rather fun!

I decided to have dinner served in our suite on the Saturday night, and have to say Caroline's service was above and beyond, they really are perfect hosts! The food was simply brilliant, a special mention going to the lamb, which was the nicest I think I have ever tasted. The breakfast wasn't too shabby either, again, special mention to the pancakes, the vegetarian sausages and the home made jams. The other staff were also very friendly and attentive.

This was my first visit to the lake district and Jon and Caroline were very helpful when pointing me in the right direction.

P.S. She said yes! :D

Room Tip: The Coach House Suite is fantastic
1  Thank hughwi
CedarManor, Owner at Cedar Manor Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2011

Congratulations on your engagement! We are delighted for you both. Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay in the Coach House Suite, our long awaited new addition. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the suite and all we have on offer there - including dinner served in the room. (glad you enjoyed the lamb too)
We hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 26 August 2011

We had the pleasure of staying at Cedar Manor and found it to be a very friendly hotel run by a lovely couple who are very helpful.
The food is of a high standard and very tasty, I would recommend the Eggs Benedict at breakfast and if you dine in the evening the chilled rice pudding is great.

I would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for going to the trouble of writing a review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed our breakfast and dinners. We hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 25 August 2011

We stayed at the Cedar Manor Hotel following our wedding in July. This our first visit to the lake district and we loved it! Jon and Caroline helped us find our way around the lakes and enjoy some of the spectacular places it has to offer. They were lovely people and made us feel very welcome. The hotel was beautiful and a lovely place to stay with clean rooms and fantastic food! We will without a doubt be returning. Thank you both for a fab pre honeymoon break!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
CedarManor, Owner at Cedar Manor Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2011

Thank you very much for writing a review, we are very pleased that you enjoyed your "pre-honeymoon" break. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 8 August 2011

My Wife and I have just returned from a three day break at Cedar Manor, I must admit to wondering if it would be as good as the first time we stayed, a couple of years ago, but we found it even better than we remembered, everything from the welcome, to the room, to the staff, are first class, and the food is in a class of its own. If you want a first class relaxing break, then this is the place to be, and if any of you guys out there really want to impress the lady in your life, then check out the coach house suite, you will earn a lifetime of brownie points. Caroline showed us around, and to say it is pure luxury does not do it justice, you have to see it to appreciate it, everything is taken care of, just check it out, you will not be disappointed, the best way I can put into words what we feel about Jonathon and Caroline, and the Cedar Manor, is in the words of the song.

NOBODY DOES IT BETTER.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
CedarManor, Owner at Cedar Manor Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay at Cedar Manor and we are very pleased that you enjoyed your second visit to the hotel.
Thank you also for your comments about the Coach House Suite which is now taking bookings and definitely a place for a treat!
We look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 4 August 2011

As a business traveller I stay away from BnBs however I couldn't find my usual brands in Windermere so took help from TripAdvisor and I wasn't disappointed. Very friendly BnB owners. Small but clean room with a beautiful view, my wife was happy with a separate dressing room, and the bath was good size too - not one of your small stand in showers. Room needed face lift from a decor point of view but we didn't bother much and was acceptable as is. Room had a DVD player and iPod dock - fantastic! There were some housekeeping lapses such as spare toilet roll not supplied or shower gel not replenished but as soon as we brought this to Jonathan's notice it didn't take long to sort. We stayed 4 nights and one of the nights we also had food at their award winning restaurant. Not one we could afford every night during our stay, 80 quid for 2, but if you consider what you get from it, well worth the money for a special evening. My wife had Crab Mayonnaise for her starters and she liked it very much. I had Rabbit Terrine (see picture), bar a small bone I had no complaint with it. We both had lamb for mains and it was well cooked and presented with veg and potato. Finally desserts (chocolate pave for me, pineapple tart for her) were perfect end to the meal as well. We stayed 4 nights and we have promised to go back again. Thanks Jonathan and Caroline!!

Room Tip: Coniston is the only room that has a view of the lake and hills!
1  Thank BizTravelScot

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay at Cedar Manor. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your visit and found plenty to do during your stay in the Lakes.
As you know, we have amazing plans for the Coniston Room but in the meantime we will always keep in well maintained, clean and as comfortable as possible. Just on the "view" note, the Langdale Room also has views, but a little more limited than the spectacular view from the Coniston room.
Very pleased that you enjoyed dinner in the restaurant, we try to keep the price as low as possible and you will find that we are amongst the better value 2AA Rosette Restaurants in the area.
We look forward to seeing you again on another trip to the Lakes - thanks for the review and great photo too!

Reviewed 2 August 2011

I can't recommend this place highly enough. We stayed here for three days and became engaged mid-trip. Our room was very well decorated, comfortable, clean and with lovely views. It all feels very tranquil. What really stands out though is the personal touch which was present throughout our stay, from hiking recommendations, being provided with photocopies of guidebooks and decorating our table so nicely and arranging champagne (with very little notice!) after I mentioned that I had proposed that day. The attention to detail is noticeable everywhere, from being provided with fresh milk in the fridge every day to the incredible food served at breakfast, and more particularly dinner. I have to say that the meal we had was once of the best we have ever eaten, made all the better by sitting in such a lovely dining room and the personal style of service. The squid I had as a starter was world class. Having read all the good reviews on this forum I was already expecting this place to be good, but I can genuinely say that our stay surpassed my expectation by a long shot. Highly recommended.

5  Thank TomvdwLondon
CedarManor, Owner at Cedar Manor Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay at Cedar Manor. Congratulations on your engagement! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay, it makes all the hard work of running a hotel worthwhile when we receive such great feedback.
We look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 31 July 2011

We've just come back from a 3-day stay and had a wonderful time. Very helpful, friendly and accommodating hosts, the room had a great view and the food was far better than in most small hotels in the UK. The local lamb is superb, and we enjoyed the breakfast too (especially the pancakes!)

1  Thank banana12London

Thank you very much for reviewing your recent stay at Cedar Manor. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, your breakfasts and of course - the local lamb!
We hope you come back and enjoy our hospitality again soon.
Caroline and Jonathan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Windermere
Applegarth Villa and Restaurant
#18 of 20 in Windermere
Holbeck Ghyll Country House
Holbeck Ghyll Country House
#13 of 20 in Windermere

Been to Cedar Manor Hotel and Restaurant? Share your experiences!