Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,449 results
All reviews coach house orrest head suite owners jonathan and caroline lake district coniston room crinkle crags beautiful hotel spa bath excellent hosts fantastic food three nights fresh milk eggs benedict my partner wedding anniversary two night stay warm welcome
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 August 2019

Absolutley stunning.Lookong forward to my next trip to the Lakes and I will most definitely be staying here again.Had a beautiful sleep when I needed it most......and the food,WOW close to the local bars an pubs full of romance

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank lmoss108773
CedarManor, Owner at Cedar Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2019

Thank you very much for reviewing your recent Romantic break at Cedar Manor. Delighted that you had a great sleep too.
Look forward to welcoming you back for another relaxing stay in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 14 August 2019

WOW! I can't rate Cedar Manor, it's owners Jonathan & Caroline highly enough! Myself and my partner came here for my surprise birthday meal on 25th July and it was perfect from start to finish. In a great location, just a short walk or drive from Windermere centre, this beautiful building is well presented both in its front surroundings and inside as well.

We were given a very warm welcome by Jonathan who showed us through to the lounge/bar area, offered drinks and some very tasty snacks. We were able to peruse the menu at our leisure whilst enjoying the relaxing music. Jonathan was even so kind as to take some photos for us by the bar. We met Caroline and she was equally as welcoming as Jonathan.

When shown through to the dinning room, this is a beautiful space and our hosts had decorated the table with 'Happy Birthday' confetti on the table, very thoughtful! And brownie points went to the better half for mentioning my birthday.

The food...words can't describe how amazing the food was, the bread was superb, we had to try and make sure we didn't stuff ourselves with this before our main food arrived. Both myself and my partner loved all three courses, freshly cooked, fresh local ingredients and the perfect hosts to match.

I could continue to rave but I'll end by saying, Cedar Manor has it all, a fabulous husband & wife team who make you feel as if you're at home from the get go, food to die for and a great location for after dinner stroll. We'd love to come back here and stay overnight!

Thank you so much for making my birthday meal so special.

1  Thank MidlandsLady25

Thank you very much for reviewing your Birthday dinner at Cedar Manor. Delighted that you enjoyed the experience and especially the food! We make everything freshly daily to ensure its as tasty as it can be.
We are very pleased that you plan to come back and stay the night too, we look forward to welcoming you soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2019

We stayed at Cedar Manor as an anniversary treat, and cannot fault the room, service or food. The hotel is in a great location with lots of restaurants, activities etc within walking distance. Would definitely recommend.

1  Thank KirstySav
CedarManor, Owner at Cedar Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2019

Thank you very much for taking the time to review. Really pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Cedar Manor and found the location to be good, there certainly is plenty to do and we are well located to explore the Lake District.
Particularly pleased that you enjoyed our friendly service, delicious food and comfy rooms!
Hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 4 August 2019

I took my Mum on holiday for a couple of nights to the Lake District as a late birthday treat and the Cedar Manor proved to be an excellent choice of hotel for our stay.

I chose a junior suite on the ground floor as the access was easy and the room spacious. The Bowness room was nicely furnished and comfortable, with a lovely bathroom, with separate bath. The twin beds were comfortable with excellent linens, although Mum found that the bed was a little high and it was difficult for her to get in and out without the aid of steps, which the hotel kindly provided.

The staff at Cedar Manor was kind and helpful and made suggestions about using local transport. I would definitely return.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Gail F

Thank you very much for reviewing you recent visit to Cedar Manor with your Mum. Very pleased that you enjoyed the spacious Bowness Junior Suite, its a fantastic room to relax in.
Isn't it great having a bus stop just outside the hotel, we can get our guests to just about every corner of the National Park from here, by bus.
Look forward to seeing you both again for another relaxing break in the Lakes.

Reviewed 4 August 2019

This quite a unique venue and shows the care and effort that have been put into it by the owners. It is also a great starting point to visit the Lakes area. Although it is only a short walk to the village we did not feel the need to look elsewhere for our two evening meals - an excellent menu of beautifully prepared food.

1  Thank Campbell P

Thank you very much for choosing Cedar Manor for your Lake District visit. We are delighted that you enjoyed the Hotel and managed to get around and explore the Park. Very pleased that you enjoyed dining on both evenings too.
We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Lakes.