Stayed here with my husband for 1 evening. Stayed in a Garden Suite with hot tub. Cost for our stay £600, so looks like we spent £140. on drink, as room cost including dinner is £460. This is an impeccable hotel, standards are high, the family that own it and all their staff, are very attentive and professional. Ambience very quiet and very relaxing. Reminded me of a much smaller version of Calcot Manor in the Cotswolds, yet without the children. Great, when you have done that, been there and worn the t-shirt. Had afternoon tea & champagne on arrival, was really nice - house champagne great. Evening meal was superb, and we opted to have the wines with each course that accompanied our choice of food, this was a fabulous idea, as it gave us chance to taste goods wines, selected for us, that we wouldn't have ordinarily chosen, so would definitely recommend that you try this. The interiors of the main house/hotel are simply gorgeous, a real country warm feel. The Garden Suites however are just okay, but definitely not of the same high standard and co-ordination of that, of the house/hotel. I expected the country theme to be continued in these buildings but it hadn't :( . Such a shame the owners did not carry this Country theme on, as I suspect everyone staying at a Country Hotel, wants it to be just that. The style is more modern, but not contemporary and has vertical blinds up on a section of the windows 'yuk' as these are best kept in an office environment. Badly got the designs & decor of these suites wrong! The bathroom was good and large in size, hot tub outdoors was a nice touch, slept well so bed really comfy. Gardens and location excellent. Breakfast was good, although our waiter could not understand my husbands request for tomato sauce, and brought him a small bowl of tomato soup! Would most probably stay here again but not in the Garden Suites, as when I stay in a Country Hotel, I like it to portray simply that. Overall, a great and relaxing place to stay, and your Country Hotel probably the best in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of Gilpin is a very passionate family and team, dedicated to creating lasting memories for their guests, who return time and again for celebrations and escapes. Warmth and friendliness are balanced with extraordinary service, exquisite décor and stunning culinary experiences. This five star hotel comprises two separate estates in the beautiful Lake District, with a luxury country house on each. At Gilpin Hotel all of the 25 bedrooms have lovely Lakeland views, most leading directly onto the gardens - including six Garden Suites with their own cedarwood hot tubs, and five fabulous detached Spa Lodges. The Spa Lodges were added in 2016, and are cedar-clad with king size beds, gorgeous bathrooms and a fabulously private en-suite spa each, with a convertible treatment area, steam room, rain maker shower, free standing oval stone bath, outdoor sauna and hydrotherapy hot tub surrounded by a walled garden. Add this to the mood lighting, fires, electric blinds and a state-of-the-art music system, and all of the senses are invigorated. Just a mile away at Gilpin Lake House, six gorgeous rooms share a fully staffed boutique hotel with a heated indoor swimming pool (for Lake House guests only), outdoor hot tubs and saunas, and exclusive access to 100 acres of grounds with a stunningly beautiful private lake. Our chauffeurs bring you to the hotel in the evening to dine. Dine in either the Michelin starred main restaurant, 'Hrishi', where Hrishikesh Desai combines great Lake District produce and classic methods to deliver unbelievable textures and flavours with just a twist of Asia, or in 'Gilpin Spice' a new informal restaurant transcending international boundaries, with an open kitchen focussing on dishes from the spice trail spanning the Indian sub-continent, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Japan and China. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Gilpin Hotel & Lake House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gilpin Hotel And Lake House
- Gilpin Hotel Windermere
- Gilpin Lodge Windermere
- Gilpin Hotel & Lake House Windermere, Lake District