1,610 results
All reviews garden suite hot tub jetty spa spa lodges the main hotel dollywagon pike cunliffe family spice restaurant junior suite michelin star dining rooms tasting menu master room crinkle crags afternoon tea boat house mini moon
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Gilpin this week and have found the hotel and the staff very attentive
it is a bit tricky to find the hotel because the Sat nav didn't recognise the post code however when you get there the entrance is grand with Electric gates.
When you arrive in the hotel you can smell the wood burning on the fire (which is very homely)
Our room was comfortable, well designed with a very comfy bed. One of the best night sleep we had for ages.
The bathroom was impressive with good toiletries products.
At 7.45 pm a chauffeur picked us up and took us to the Gilpin hotel for dinner.
The setup of hotel and restaurant, the food and wine selection was well put together by the owners who are on hand in the evening to welcome you.
The breakfast the next day was tasty also.
I would recommend the Gilpin Lake House if you are looking for a relaxing break in the middle of nowhere.
Heather the Manager and her team at the lodges were very attentive to our needs.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OpsEclectic
Gilpin_Lodge, Owner at Gilpin Hotel & Lake House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Thank you for choosing the Gilpin Lake House for your relaxing break away and for your wonderful review. Please do come back and visit us again for another restful break at the Lake House!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

My wife and myself had dinner at The Gilpin this week and it was really on form - the food was close to perfect and the service sublime. We had 5 courses and allowed their sommelier to choose matching wines, glad we did too! We've had the good fortune of eating at a lot of great places, so it's quite an accolade that my better half said it could have been one the **best meals she'd ever eaten**. If you are looking for a special place to have dinner, this is the place - really fabulous delicious food, great service all in a really great environment with fabulous interior design 10/10.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Superb review! Thank you very much for reviewing your recent dining experience with us at the Gilpin Hotel.

We will look forward to seeing you both again.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Every time I stay it's always as good as the last. We have had different room types over our various stays and each is cosy, very clean, and quiet!!

The staff are great and really attentive and we are always looked after so well, they are really friendly and service is quick and flawless. The food is gorgeous and never fails to impress. The only negative I would have is that I was ill during my evening meal (nothing to do with there food) during one stay and so had to leave after my starter, but was still charged for the main that I was unable to eat :(

That aside I have been back since and everytime me and my boyfriend stay we leave thoroughly relaxed. It's hard not to be with such beautiful surroundings, lovely staff and amazing food! :)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Love, love, love this review, thank you very much! It is great to hear that as a returning guest your stay is always excellent with us. Sorry that you were changed for your dinner on the one evening you were feeling unwell this should have been removed from your bill; we will however, look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

The other day we four friends had an afternoon tea at Gilpin Lodge Hotel - it was magnificent!
Extremely enjoyable - with lovely open sandwiches (the nicest bread ever!) with lashings of topping. A most amazing
selection of cakes - even an ice-cream lollypop! It was really, really good - go and check it out!
The hotel itself is a beautiful place to be -fabulous decor and great country views.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for reviewing your wonderful afternoon tea experience at the Gilpin Hotel, we are so pleased you had a delightful time with us and will look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

I just love the staff here, they made us feel so special.

We had a beautiful room and they helped us with walks and cycle rides

The chef is fantastic and bar one small delay with our meal on one occasion everything was fab.

Such a wonderful place. .

The

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Naomi21w

Thank you for your excellent review, it is so nice to read that you were looked after in the best possible way and we hope to see you again in the future.