Having made a last minute booking,i wanted to treat my wife for valentines weekend.I could not of chosen anything better.Right from the minute we drove into the setting down area to unload our luggage and check in,we knew we were somewhere very special.On entering the reception area we were welcomed by very friendly staff escorting us to our classic room.On entering we were gobsmacked on the level of detail to luxury from the decor to the little gilpin cat sitting on the bed.Personalised towels and robes.Having settled in we had an hour to get ready for dinner at 9pm.The bar and lounge is simply sublime and having a few drinks complemented by canapes was just perfect.
The evening tasting menu was well what can i say an art of cooking to highest degree.The bed was turned out for us on our return which was a nice touch.The following morning we had breakfast in the garden room and again just perfect food and setting.
We enjoyed the day out around windermere even though the weather was a let down!!!
Returning to again a warm welcome we got ready for the evening meal.We enjoyed every minute of it.We were welcomed by one of the owners barney who made us feel very comfortable.
To sum up a very special place to stay just wish we could of stayed longer and also enjoyed the spa facilities.
Watch this space will be definately returning in the very near future.
To all the staff at the gilpin
thank you very much for a memorable stay at you hotel.
Mr and Mrs Persson
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of Gilpin is a very passionate family and team, dedicated to creating lasting memories for their guests, who return time and again for celebrations and escapes. Warmth and friendliness are balanced with extraordinary service, exquisite décor and stunning culinary experiences. This five star hotel comprises two separate estates in the beautiful Lake District, with a luxury country house on each. At Gilpin Hotel all of the 25 bedrooms have lovely Lakeland views, most leading directly onto the gardens - including six Garden Suites with their own cedarwood hot tubs, and five fabulous detached Spa Lodges. The Spa Lodges were added in 2016, and are cedar-clad with king size beds, gorgeous bathrooms and a fabulously private en-suite spa each, with a convertible treatment area, steam room, rain maker shower, free standing oval stone bath, outdoor sauna and hydrotherapy hot tub surrounded by a walled garden. Add this to the mood lighting, fires, electric blinds and a state-of-the-art music system, and all of the senses are invigorated. Just a mile away at Gilpin Lake House, six gorgeous rooms share a fully staffed boutique hotel with a heated indoor swimming pool (for Lake House guests only), outdoor hot tubs and saunas, and exclusive access to 100 acres of grounds with a stunningly beautiful private lake. Our chauffeurs bring you to the hotel in the evening to dine. Dine in either the Michelin starred main restaurant, 'Hrishi', where Hrishikesh Desai combines great Lake District produce and classic methods to deliver unbelievable textures and flavours with just a twist of Asia, or in 'Gilpin Spice' a new informal restaurant transcending international boundaries, with an open kitchen focussing on dishes from the spice trail spanning the Indian sub-continent, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Japan and China. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Gilpin Hotel & Lake House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gilpin Hotel And Lake House
- Gilpin Hotel Windermere
- Gilpin Lodge Windermere
- Gilpin Hotel & Lake House Windermere, Lake District