I booked a garden suite for my partners 30th birthday. The room was beautiful and well equipped, not as private as hoped, but we did get the sun all day! Beautiful setting. We had the fine dining (included in the £495 I paid for one night) which was ok but nothing on the plate matched, so some tastes were distorted, service was long though (I was dying to get back to the room) as we ate in a quiet dining room, with only two elderly couples. Desert was lovely, and breakfast was beautiful (we ate in our room). My biggest problem was the way we were greeted by the porter and then the receptionist, it was as if we were not the type of people that they expected. The porter rudely asked if he could help and looked embarrassed when I replied I was there to check in. The receptionist didn't look happy to see us and took an eternity showing us every small detail in the room then lingering about as if she was waiting for a tip. I did feel uneasy after the cold welcome but the room was lovely and we just spent as much time as possible in there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of Gilpin is a very passionate family and team, dedicated to creating lasting memories for their guests, who return time and again for celebrations and escapes. Warmth and friendliness are balanced with extraordinary service, exquisite décor and stunning culinary experiences. This five star hotel comprises two separate estates in the beautiful Lake District, with a luxury country house on each. At Gilpin Hotel all of the 25 bedrooms have lovely Lakeland views, most leading directly onto the gardens - including six Garden Suites with their own cedarwood hot tubs, and five fabulous detached Spa Lodges. The Spa Lodges were added in 2016, and are cedar-clad with king size beds, gorgeous bathrooms and a fabulously private en-suite spa each, with a convertible treatment area, steam room, rain maker shower, free standing oval stone bath, outdoor sauna and hydrotherapy hot tub surrounded by a walled garden. Add this to the mood lighting, fires, electric blinds and a state-of-the-art music system, and all of the senses are invigorated. Just a mile away at Gilpin Lake House, six gorgeous rooms share a fully staffed boutique hotel with a heated indoor swimming pool (for Lake House guests only), outdoor hot tubs and saunas, and exclusive access to 100 acres of grounds with a stunningly beautiful private lake. Our chauffeurs bring you to the hotel in the evening to dine. Dine in either the Michelin starred main restaurant, 'Hrishi', where Hrishikesh Desai combines great Lake District produce and classic methods to deliver unbelievable textures and flavours with just a twist of Asia, or in 'Gilpin Spice' a new informal restaurant transcending international boundaries, with an open kitchen focussing on dishes from the spice trail spanning the Indian sub-continent, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Japan and China. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, World Independent Hotel Promotion, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Gilpin Hotel & Lake House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gilpin Hotel And Lake House
- Gilpin Hotel Windermere
- Gilpin Lodge Windermere
- Gilpin Hotel & Lake House Windermere, Lake District