Just returned from another superb stay at Gilpin Lodge and Lake House. Having previously stayed at Gilpin Lodge, we decided to stay at the Lake House this time...it was wonderful. We stayed in Gertie which was a large beautiful room with lovely large bathroom and big bath tub. It was also lovely to be driven to the main hotel for our evening meals which gave the evenings a real sense of occasion. The food was wonderful and we enjoyed meeting the chef before our meal and him describing the dishes to us, giving us his personal recommendations to help us choose.
The service was exceptional and it would be impossible to single out one member of staff in particular as they were all lovely. I would definitely stay at the Lake House again as it was so private with only 6 rooms in total...we hardly saw anyone else. I swam in the pool all three days and was the only one in there. We also did the Jetty Spa Trail which was wonderful and I would highly recommend this...it was such a relaxing, special afternoon. The highlights of the spa trail would be champagne in the hot tub overlooking the lake and the lovely present that we could take away...a selection of toiletries made up of our own personally selected aromatherapy blend. It has been lovely to take a little bit of the spa home with us and re-live the spa feeling.
I would 100% recommend this very special place to anyone and strongly recommend staying for at least two nights to enjoy the full benefit and give yourself chance to relax and enjoy the facilities and a good read overlooking the lake. We did a lot of walking whilst there as there are very picturesque walks in the local area and the concierge gave us maps and popular routes that we thoroughly enjoyed.
We will be returning very soon...I can't wait. Thank you to all at the hotel who made the bank holiday weekend so special for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of Gilpin is a very passionate family and team, dedicated to creating lasting memories for their guests, who return time and again for celebrations and escapes. Warmth and friendliness are balanced with extraordinary service, exquisite décor and stunning culinary experiences. This five star hotel comprises two separate estates in the beautiful Lake District, with a luxury country house on each. At Gilpin Hotel all of the 25 bedrooms have lovely Lakeland views, most leading directly onto the gardens - including six Garden Suites with their own cedarwood hot tubs, and five fabulous detached Spa Lodges. The Spa Lodges were added in 2016, and are cedar-clad with king size beds, gorgeous bathrooms and a fabulously private en-suite spa each, with a convertible treatment area, steam room, rain maker shower, free standing oval stone bath, outdoor sauna and hydrotherapy hot tub surrounded by a walled garden. Add this to the mood lighting, fires, electric blinds and a state-of-the-art music system, and all of the senses are invigorated. Just a mile away at Gilpin Lake House, six gorgeous rooms share a fully staffed boutique hotel with a heated indoor swimming pool (for Lake House guests only), outdoor hot tubs and saunas, and exclusive access to 100 acres of grounds with a stunningly beautiful private lake. Our chauffeurs bring you to the hotel in the evening to dine. Dine in either the Michelin starred main restaurant, 'Hrishi', where Hrishikesh Desai combines great Lake District produce and classic methods to deliver unbelievable textures and flavours with just a twist of Asia, or in 'Gilpin Spice' a new informal restaurant transcending international boundaries, with an open kitchen focussing on dishes from the spice trail spanning the Indian sub-continent, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Japan and China. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Gilpin Hotel & Lake House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gilpin Hotel And Lake House
- Gilpin Hotel Windermere
- Gilpin Lodge Windermere
- Gilpin Hotel & Lake House Windermere, Lake District