We had previously had an enjoyable weekend stay at Gilpin, in the main hotel. This time we stayed at the newly opened Lakeside House for 5 nights,,about 5 minutes away.
We had the Harriet suite, a beautiful room, with stunning views over the tarn.The room has every conceivable comfort, from very comfortable bathrobes, to fresh biscuits on the tea tray every day.Not that hunger is a problem! Afternoon tea is included at the Lake House, and we found that it was just right to fill the gap between breakfast and dinner. Transport to and from dinner at Gilpin is provided, this service works very well.Breakfast is excellent, as is dinner. As has been pointed out in previous reports, the menu does not change over the five nights, but on several occasions, by different members of staff, we were offered off menu choices,anything we would like to have.The Lake House has its own lovely grounds ,and we enjoyed various walks around the property.
We were lucky enough to have the place almost to ourselves for the first four nights, it was blissfully quiet, so it was a bit of a blow when more people arrived on our last night! it made it a bit noisier,but the team at the house are looking into getting the fire doors to shut more quietly, so that should not remain a problem for long.
A wonderful quiet stay, looked after by very pleasant and thoughtful staff,with good food, a room with stunning views, what more could you want? We will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of Gilpin is a very passionate family and team, dedicated to creating lasting memories for their guests, who return time and again for celebrations and escapes. Warmth and friendliness are balanced with extraordinary service, exquisite décor and stunning culinary experiences. This five star hotel comprises two separate estates in the beautiful Lake District, with a luxury country house on each. At Gilpin Hotel all of the 25 bedrooms have lovely Lakeland views, most leading directly onto the gardens - including six Garden Suites with their own cedarwood hot tubs, and five fabulous detached Spa Lodges. The Spa Lodges were added in 2016, and are cedar-clad with king size beds, gorgeous bathrooms and a fabulously private en-suite spa each, with a convertible treatment area, steam room, rain maker shower, free standing oval stone bath, outdoor sauna and hydrotherapy hot tub surrounded by a walled garden. Add this to the mood lighting, fires, electric blinds and a state-of-the-art music system, and all of the senses are invigorated. Just a mile away at Gilpin Lake House, six gorgeous rooms share a fully staffed boutique hotel with a heated indoor swimming pool (for Lake House guests only), outdoor hot tubs and saunas, and exclusive access to 100 acres of grounds with a stunningly beautiful private lake. Our chauffeurs bring you to the hotel in the evening to dine. Dine in either the Michelin starred main restaurant, 'Hrishi', where Hrishikesh Desai combines great Lake District produce and classic methods to deliver unbelievable textures and flavours with just a twist of Asia, or in 'Gilpin Spice' a new informal restaurant transcending international boundaries, with an open kitchen focussing on dishes from the spice trail spanning the Indian sub-continent, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Japan and China. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Gilpin Hotel & Lake House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gilpin Hotel And Lake House
- Gilpin Hotel Windermere
- Gilpin Lodge Windermere
- Gilpin Hotel & Lake House Windermere, Lake District