“Lovely place.”
Review of Ivythwaite Lodge

Ivythwaite Lodge
Ranked #40 of 107 Windermere B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife stayed at the ivythawaite for 3nights on the last part of our honeymoon. What a great place. Very friendly hosts a beautiful breakfast. Room very nice and clean with four poster and jacuzzi bath. We thought a good location. 5-10 min steady stroll up to Windermere and 10-15min steady stroll down to bowness where its very busy.Can not fault at all and would definetly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Just back from a lovely weekend break at Ivythwaite Lodge.
My Husband and I stayed in a beautiful,stylish and very comfortable room in the guesthouse which included a grand four poster bed and spa bath. Whilst our son and his family were in the self contained "Cranny Lodge" attached to the guesthouse. The Cranny was perfect for a young family with home from home amenities.
We will most definitely be returning soon if only for the fab home cooked breakfast ;)
Most hospitable hosts, thank you.
Oh and a great central location too !

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We stayed for three nights in room 3 which had a kingsize four poster bed, and bathroom had a double jacuzzi bath. The room was beautiful, so clean and had everything you would need. My partner requested champagne for the first night and the owners were so kind to get us some and chill it for us. The bed was incredibly comfy and bath was such a treat! Breakfast each morning was lovely, freshly made, nothing like a dreaded greasy spoon breakfast!
The location is great, 10 min walk to Windermere and 15 to Bowness. We will definitely be back! Huge thanks to Wendy and Mick for a welcoming and enjoyable stay :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2014

On the back of some great reviews on TA we booked this for a long weekend and phoned up to arrange to stay in the Great Gable room as it looked large and spacious on the website.

We were met by Mick, the owner, who was friendly and very easy going. Didn't even ask for credit card , car details at that time allowing us to settle in. The room takes up the attic of the house and is enormous comprising of a very large bedroom area with en-suite, complete with Jacuzzi, a seating area, and a dressing area. Fully functional whilst still retaining the traditional timber beams. Plenty of height as well without having to stoop when you walked around the room.

Breakfast was plentiful and tasty in an airy dining room. I had the full English the first morning and then the scrambled eggs with salmon the next. Both were perfectly cooked and filled us up for the day.

Enjoyed it so much we've already booked up to come back in March.

Room Tip: The great gable room is very large with great views at the top of the house.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We have just returned from a two night stay at ivythwaite lodge,I can not recommend it enough, the room was spacious and comfortable, the spa bath was relaxing, it is ideally located for those who want to access both Bowness and Windermere 15-20 mins stroll away . We didn't have the pleasure of meeting Wendy as she was away but mick more than made up for it extremely hospitable,breakfast was wonderful good quality produce , we are looking forward to going again x

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Cranny between Christmas and New Year. The pictures don't do it justice as there is much more space than I expected. Situated close to shops, bars and restaurants the Cranny is ideal for couples or families with young children. The living area is a really good size with TV/ DVD player and a small kitchen equipped with microwave, toaster and kettle. The cottage is modern and nicely decorated throughout, I expected it to be a bit on the chilly side but the cottage was lovely and warm throughout our very wet and cold stay. The cottage is in a really quiet location and seemed very private being situated behind the bed and breakfast. The owner was very helpful on arrival showing me round and said they were available should we need them. I would go back and stay at the Cranny or if I went with family would even try the Nook. This is a really nice place to stay in an excellent location.

Room Tip: If you are staying in the Cranny it does accommodate two adults and two small children, the bedroom...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2014

had a lovely time, mick was great, really chatty and friendly, the room was lovely and clean and the bed was fantastic, the bed linen was crisp and clean, there was tea and coffee making facilities in the room which was really handy and the spa bath was brilliant, mick had lots of local information for us and it seemed nothing was to much trouble, the only things that we felt let this otherwise wonderful place down, was the very small TV in the room, my husband couldn't see the footie score, the toilet made an awful groaning noise when you flushed it and the towels available were limited, especially as we wanted to use the spa several times during our stay, breakfast was lovely, we didn't mind filing out our order the night before, however I asked for the continental breakfast and porridge, as I didn't really want cereal, the porridge was really creamy, but a little on the cold side, all I was then offered was some toast, so not sure what's continental about that, unless I didn't understand it clearly, also the toast was very limited and the butter was two tiny skinny sticks, not sure why a small bowl of butter is not just put on the table, my husbands breakfast was cooked really well, there just wasn't enough of it, 1 sausage, no beans or black pudding !!!!!! whilst the food was of excellent quality, we felt it was stingy which was a shame, apart from that the friendliness and the cleanliness was second to none, so thank you guys.

Room Tip: I think, looking at other reviews, any room at ivythwaite lodge would be worth staying in, all seem...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple