Me and my boyfriend stayed here for my birthday. I was a bit scared as there was some dodgey reviews where people had bad mouthed the staff and the food so i was quite worried but when we got there it was amazing, the staff where so friendly and helpful and couldnt do much more for us really! The room (Room 17) was amazing, we purposly picked this room as it had the pretty lights, big comfy bed and the jacuzzi bath! The room was just faultless, although some people have put that this room was in the basement, it was but it wasnt a problem for us at all and it is below the restaurant but you only hear the footsteps if your sat in silence, if you have the bath going, the tv's on you cant hear a thing! Not quite sure what the moaning was about!
We went for dinner in the restaurant, the staff couldnt do much more, the waitress was superb! The menu was delicious and our food was perfect, we enjoyed every mouthfull! The conservatory was amazing at night as you can see the mountains and the sunset and its gorgeous! Breakfast is great too!
The hotel even helped my boyfriend plan a suprise - champagne and flowers! :)
This hotel is definatley worth every penny and we both cant wait to come back again!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Applegarth Villa is truly a rare find being the only 5 gold star guest accommodation with on-site bar & restaurant with AA restaurant award, situated in Windermere in the very heart of the Lake District. Offering individual luxury accommodation of the highest standard together with our newly appointed suites all with a hot tub, this magnificent Villa is unique to Windermere. Having both an Award winning restaurant serving only the best locally sourced regional produce and a cosy oak panelled bar with roaring fire and one of the finest Whisky selection in the area, this is the perfect place to spend the evening after enjoying a day in the Lakes. Who would want to venture out on a cold winters evenings with everything you need in one magnificent building. Equally our summer terrace is the perfect outdoor space to dine in warmer weather whilst enjoying a glass of wine and watching the sunset over the distant fells from your hot tub. With plenty of secure on site parking this makes Applegarth the perfect choice for your stay in the lakes. To compliment this magnificent building, all our rooms are fully coordinated with fabrics and soft furnishings carefully chosen by our interior designer. Luxurious bathrooms, wall mounted flat screen TV's, free hi speed internet access,suites with hot tubs, refreshment tray, bottled Lakeland water and bathrobes all come as standard! In consideration of our many guests who join us to escape family and business pressures, we are unable to welcome children. Our guest accommodation offers everything you would come to expect from Windermere hotels, including a public bar, a beautiful 40 cover conservatory restaurant, a large private floodlit car park. ADULT ONLY ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Applegarth Villa and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Applegarth Villa And Jr`s Restaurant
- Applegarth Villa & Jr`s Restaurant Hotel Windermere
- Applegarth Hotel Windermere
- Applegarth Villa And Restaurant Windermere, Lake District