Me and my husband stayed here 27.2.13 for 1 night for my husbands burthday. We booked room 16 as it has a terrace and we smoke. The room was beautifully decorated and the bathroom was amazing (whirlpool bath & TV) , bathrobes and thick towels such a special touch. also Kettle with Tea & coffee and bottled water provided. It was spotlessly clean.The communal areas are full of original features. We had a three course meal 'On the villa' as part of a special offer, the food was amazing,,all 3 courses and my husband even at all of it, which I assure you is rarity.the quality of ingredients was evidient, breakfast didn't disappoint either The owners are very friendly and welcoming, i emailed them before hand to arrange a surprise cake & candles, they replied promptly and I got the feeling nothing would be too much trouble.we will definitely return again. You get what you pay for and Applegarth didn't disappoint.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Applegarth Villa is truly a rare find being the only 5 gold star guest accommodation with on-site bar & restaurant with AA restaurant award, situated in Windermere in the very heart of the Lake District. Offering individual luxury accommodation of the highest standard together with our newly appointed suites all with a hot tub, this magnificent Villa is unique to Windermere. Having both an Award winning restaurant serving only the best locally sourced regional produce and a cosy oak panelled bar with roaring fire and one of the finest Whisky selection in the area, this is the perfect place to spend the evening after enjoying a day in the Lakes. Who would want to venture out on a cold winters evenings with everything you need in one magnificent building. Equally our summer terrace is the perfect outdoor space to dine in warmer weather whilst enjoying a glass of wine and watching the sunset over the distant fells from your hot tub. With plenty of secure on site parking this makes Applegarth the perfect choice for your stay in the lakes. To compliment this magnificent building, all our rooms are fully coordinated with fabrics and soft furnishings carefully chosen by our interior designer. Luxurious bathrooms, wall mounted flat screen TV's, free hi speed internet access,suites with hot tubs, refreshment tray, bottled Lakeland water and bathrobes all come as standard! In consideration of our many guests who join us to escape family and business pressures, we are unable to welcome children. Our guest accommodation offers everything you would come to expect from Windermere hotels, including a public bar, a beautiful 40 cover conservatory restaurant, a large private floodlit car park. ADULT ONLY ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Applegarth Villa and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Applegarth Villa & Jr`s Restaurant Hotel Windermere
- Applegarth Villa And Jr`s Restaurant
- Applegarth Hotel Windermere
- Applegarth Villa And Restaurant Windermere, Lake District