With the busy life my husband and I lead our one night away was perfect. The hotel was a last minute booking and from the first phone call my husband couldn't wait to get there. We stayed in Room one and it was stunning. Beautifully set out, bathroom was a dream. I could of slept in the bath. The bed was huge and comfy. The outdoor terrace was lovely. Have to say was blessed with the weather but sat with cup of tea in hand watching a hot air balloon over the mist from the lake was idyllic. We ate both our evening meal and breakfast at the hotel and the food and service was excellent. I am a self confessed very picky eater and nothing was too much trouble every plate went back clean. As for the staff they were all lovely. Very attentive and ever so helpful. I like many others have stayed in some world famous hotels but Applegarth Villa is up there with the best of them. Can't wait to go back and wouldn't even bother looking at other hotels in the area. Would recommend to anyone! Thank you to the staff for making our stay so welcoming and relaxing. Didn't see Eduardo on our walk maybe next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Applegarth Villa is truly a rare find being the only 5 gold star guest accommodation with on-site bar & restaurant with AA restaurant award, situated in Windermere in the very heart of the Lake District. Offering individual luxury accommodation of the highest standard together with our newly appointed suites all with a hot tub, this magnificent Villa is unique to Windermere. Having both an Award winning restaurant serving only the best locally sourced regional produce and a cosy oak panelled bar with roaring fire and one of the finest Whisky selection in the area, this is the perfect place to spend the evening after enjoying a day in the Lakes. Who would want to venture out on a cold winters evenings with everything you need in one magnificent building. Equally our summer terrace is the perfect outdoor space to dine in warmer weather whilst enjoying a glass of wine and watching the sunset over the distant fells from your hot tub. With plenty of secure on site parking this makes Applegarth the perfect choice for your stay in the lakes. To compliment this magnificent building, all our rooms are fully coordinated with fabrics and soft furnishings carefully chosen by our interior designer. Luxurious bathrooms, wall mounted flat screen TV's, free hi speed internet access,suites with hot tubs, refreshment tray, bottled Lakeland water and bathrobes all come as standard! In consideration of our many guests who join us to escape family and business pressures, we are unable to welcome children. Our guest accommodation offers everything you would come to expect from Windermere hotels, including a public bar, a beautiful 40 cover conservatory restaurant, a large private floodlit car park. ADULT ONLY ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Applegarth Villa and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Applegarth Villa & Jr`s Restaurant Hotel Windermere
- Applegarth Villa And Jr`s Restaurant
- Applegarth Hotel Windermere
- Applegarth Villa And Restaurant Windermere, Lake District