Having stayed at the Applegarth before I have to say we were certainly not disappointed by our return visit! After a crazy weekend at work all we needed was a bit of R&R and some luxury and that is what we got. The Applegarth is pure 5 Star- our room (17) had an enormous bed- so comfy with luxurious sheets, a big TV and is beautifully decorated. As for the bathroom- amazing! A huge jacuzzi big enough for a party! Twinkling lights in the ceiling and another TV! Pure heaven!!
The food was just as good, I had the parfait which was lovely and my partner had the smoked venison which she raved about! For mains I had a Zucchini dish which was really unusual and lovely- being a chef myself I may have to steal the idea!!! My partner had the Rose Veal which I also tasted and it was fabulous! To finish the Rhubarb trifle and the selection of ice creams were delicious. To add to our treat we asked if we could have a cheeseboard in our room so we could relax further- this was done straight away for us- great service. Breakfast was equally as good, the full English was hearty and well cooked, 2 sausages, 2 bacon, grilled tomatoes, mushrooms, eggs & black pudding!!! Needless to say I needed no lunch on my return home!!!
Without doubt we will be back and I would confidently recommend the Applegarth to anyone looking for a luxurious, friendly and relaxing place to stay in Windermere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Applegarth Villa is truly a rare find being the only 5 gold star guest accommodation with on-site bar & restaurant with AA restaurant award, situated in Windermere in the very heart of the Lake District. Offering individual luxury accommodation of the highest standard together with our newly appointed suites all with a hot tub, this magnificent Villa is unique to Windermere. Having both an Award winning restaurant serving only the best locally sourced regional produce and a cosy oak panelled bar with roaring fire and one of the finest Whisky selection in the area, this is the perfect place to spend the evening after enjoying a day in the Lakes. Who would want to venture out on a cold winters evenings with everything you need in one magnificent building. Equally our summer terrace is the perfect outdoor space to dine in warmer weather whilst enjoying a glass of wine and watching the sunset over the distant fells from your hot tub. With plenty of secure on site parking this makes Applegarth the perfect choice for your stay in the lakes. To compliment this magnificent building, all our rooms are fully coordinated with fabrics and soft furnishings carefully chosen by our interior designer. Luxurious bathrooms, wall mounted flat screen TV's, free hi speed internet access,suites with hot tubs, refreshment tray, bottled Lakeland water and bathrobes all come as standard! In consideration of our many guests who join us to escape family and business pressures, we are unable to welcome children. Our guest accommodation offers everything you would come to expect from Windermere hotels, including a public bar, a beautiful 40 cover conservatory restaurant, a large private floodlit car park. ADULT ONLY ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Applegarth Villa and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Applegarth Villa And Jr`s Restaurant
- Applegarth Villa & Jr`s Restaurant Hotel Windermere
- Applegarth Hotel Windermere
- Applegarth Villa And Restaurant Windermere, Lake District