“As brilliant as last time!”

and 1 more site!
Applegarth Villa and Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Windermere
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Having stayed at the Applegarth before I have to say we were certainly not disappointed by our return visit! After a crazy weekend at work all we needed was a bit of R&R and some luxury and that is what we got. The Applegarth is pure 5 Star- our room (17) had an enormous bed- so comfy with luxurious sheets, a big TV and is beautifully decorated. As for the bathroom- amazing! A huge jacuzzi big enough for a party! Twinkling lights in the ceiling and another TV! Pure heaven!!
The food was just as good, I had the parfait which was lovely and my partner had the smoked venison which she raved about! For mains I had a Zucchini dish which was really unusual and lovely- being a chef myself I may have to steal the idea!!! My partner had the Rose Veal which I also tasted and it was fabulous! To finish the Rhubarb trifle and the selection of ice creams were delicious. To add to our treat we asked if we could have a cheeseboard in our room so we could relax further- this was done straight away for us- great service. Breakfast was equally as good, the full English was hearty and well cooked, 2 sausages, 2 bacon, grilled tomatoes, mushrooms, eggs & black pudding!!! Needless to say I needed no lunch on my return home!!!
Without doubt we will be back and I would confidently recommend the Applegarth to anyone looking for a luxurious, friendly and relaxing place to stay in Windermere.

• Stayed: September 2013
ApplegarthVilla, Owner at Applegarth Villa and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

As always it was lovely to welcome you back to Applegarth, you both work so hard its good to be able to offer you the R&R you so deserve. See you soon

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Me and my partner stayed here for 3 nights last week on our honeymoon, and I can not fault a thing.

The room we stayed in was immaculate, very spacious and had an amazing jacuzzi.

We ate in the hotel restaurant all 3 nights that we stayed and the food was delicious, their is plenty of choice and everything that we received was freshly made and very tasty. I ve read someone commented on the trifle.... My husband enjoyed it that much he had it two nights on the run :-) The choice for breakfast in a morning was excellent, we was very spoilt for choice and everything we had was very lovely.

All the staff made us feel very welcome, they were all were friendly and made our stay very enjoyable.

The bar is a lovely area to relax in, it has a lovely atmosphere, just what you need when you have an energetic 2year old!

We used the leisure facilities everyday that were available, which was a gym, steam room, sauna, ice room, swimming pool and beauty treatments which is just what you need when relaxing.

This is the second time we have stayed here and both rooms we have stayed in have been to a very high standard. I am already planning on returning back here towards the end of the year!

I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel, it deserves 5 star!

Mr & Mrs Winterbottom

• Stayed: August 2013
ApplegarthVilla, Owner at Applegarth Villa and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Thank you for writing this lovely review. We look forward to seeing you again very soon

Reviewed 28 August 2013

We have just returned from a few days at Windermere in our Motorhome. As we wanted to treat ourselves for one night we booked a room at the Applegarth. We arrived at Windermere early so we parked up in a back street and went for a walk, we thought we would call in at the Hotel to see if we could get in any earlier than 3oclock,we were met by Suzanne who could not have been more helpful, we told her about coming in the motorhome and our concerns about parking it, Don't worry just go and get it she said there is room in the car park, so we went to to get it only to find when we got to the hotel car park Alan had put cones out to save the corner spot for our motorhome.(Thanks). When we got back to the hotel to book in we got our keys and went upstairs to Room 7 witch is a fab room with a stunning spa bath for two people built into the bay window (great fun!!!). We have also just read the negative review of this hotel, room, and food. Let me just say the hotel is lovely the rooms are fab this is the third time we have been and all the rooms very well done out, the bar with our favourite lager Peroni is a great relaxing place to sit before you sit down for food witch is to a very high standard (out of a bag I don't think so!) As for the breakfast not the biggest but very nice freshly cooked local food. Any one thinking of going to Widermere The Applegarth is a must. Lovely place, Lovely People We will be back soon, Thanks

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
ApplegarthVilla, Owner at Applegarth Villa and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

We are so lucky to have such a massive repeat business of lovely people like yourselves and having such a large carpark even your motorhome can be comfortable during your stay!

Reviewed 28 August 2013

This place is great, booked for 2 nights(Room 17),DBB 1st night and BB 2nd night. Felt a bit depressed we were only there for 2 nights so booked a 3rd night while we were there(Suite1).
Dinner was brilliant on the first night-plenty to choose from, as was the wine-plenty to choose from as well! Room17 is exactly like the website, the bath is just amazing! Suite1 is the nicest room I have ever stayed in, we had the added advantage of the weather, so sitting out on the terrace was an added bonus.

I am already missing my smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for breakfast and the cheese board with my perfectly chilled bottle of Riesling at night in the relaxing bar, as I said, I cant wait to go back...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely review. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon

Reviewed 28 August 2013

WOW!!!! That was my first thought as we entered the car park. We booked a last minute break away and from that moment I was looking forward to visiting. Reception had described the room with obvious love and affection and she wasn't wrong, room one is stunning, beautifully set out and appointed. Both dinner and breakfast were served in the restaurant, the food was plentiful and of a high quality, food that my wife (who is the fussiest eater on the planet) ate without leaving a morsel, well except the parsley. All the staff are lovely and very helpful, one particular touch is the description of a local walk on the back of the breakfast menu, this proved to be a stunning view of the whole of the lake a walk that I would never of known about. Overall this was a wonderful night away in a World class hotel, and I would recommend it to everyone, I CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
ApplegarthVilla, Owner at Applegarth Villa and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 27 August 2013

With the busy life my husband and I lead our one night away was perfect. The hotel was a last minute booking and from the first phone call my husband couldn't wait to get there. We stayed in Room one and it was stunning. Beautifully set out, bathroom was a dream. I could of slept in the bath. The bed was huge and comfy. The outdoor terrace was lovely. Have to say was blessed with the weather but sat with cup of tea in hand watching a hot air balloon over the mist from the lake was idyllic. We ate both our evening meal and breakfast at the hotel and the food and service was excellent. I am a self confessed very picky eater and nothing was too much trouble every plate went back clean. As for the staff they were all lovely. Very attentive and ever so helpful. I like many others have stayed in some world famous hotels but Applegarth Villa is up there with the best of them. Can't wait to go back and wouldn't even bother looking at other hotels in the area. Would recommend to anyone! Thank you to the staff for making our stay so welcoming and relaxing. Didn't see Eduardo on our walk maybe next time.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
ApplegarthVilla, Owner at Applegarth Villa and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

We would be delighted to be your retreat for when you need a well earned break and somewhere to recharge your batteries

Reviewed 26 August 2013

We have just arrived home after our Aug bank holiday visit to Applegarth Villa & were so glad we did they were just as welcoming as the first time.We booked Luxury Room 7 as we stayed there on our first visit it was still as lovely as ever.The bedroom is lovely & cosy furnished well has hairdryer ironingboard &iron so no need to over pack.The bathroom is every womans dream total luxury fantastic Spa bath built into bay window just as the photos show on the website.Food was great too plenty of choice Baileys Cheesecake a must. Breakfast just what you need to start the day plenty of choice there too.The staff are very welcoming & nothing a problem for them just ask & they will help.With so much choice in the way of rooms you could go back over&over to try them all & we lookforward to another return to see the new addition with swimming pool next year! Have just read a very negative review of this room & have to say Ive been to 4&5 star hotels all over the world that sometimes don't meet the standard of Applegarth but for a honeymoon if this room didn't meet your needs maybe you should have booked another hotel full of beer swilling rebels instead of a relaxing romantic top rated Guest house!!! I say to anyone reading this you will be missing a real gem of a place to stay.See you again soon & Steve loves the mint imperials haha

Room Tip: Look at all rooms as each is individually designed & chose to suit your taste