Applegarth Villa Hotel and Restaurant
US$199
US$172
Agoda.com
  • Pool
The Windermere Hotel(Windermere)(Great Value!)
US$87
Agoda.com
US$253
US$220
1,290 results
All reviewshot tubultimate luxuryround bedpotter suiteluxury roomdouble bathmood lightingowners and stafffillet steakcoffee machinehigh standardlake districtattention to detailwell stocked barboth nightsspa bathwedding anniversary
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My wife and I have just returned from our stay at the Applegarth and from someone who is in the holiday I can honestly say this place deserves its 5* status , great rooms (room 17) and fantastic food.
The staff were very attentive and could not do enough for us , I am not used to such peace and quiet.
We will be returning but this time I will want room 1 as we had a sneaky look in there

Room Tip: Room 17 which we had but others we looked at all seemed fantastic
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
ApplegarthVilla, Owner at Applegarth Villa Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

It's always great to get such a fantastic review from someone like yourself who is in the holiday industry. Thank you very much. We look forward to welcoming you back for room 1!

Reviewed 10 September 2013

We have just returned from a 3 night stay at Applegarth for our first wedding anniversary. The hotel was fabulous. There was a wide choice of food for breakfast and the evening meal was superb. The room was clean, the bed was big and comfy and the bathroom was very modern. We would certainly like to return to Applegarth.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Look forward to seeing you again, hopefully for your second wedding anniversary

Reviewed 9 September 2013

My husband and I have just come back from a 2 night stay at the Applegarth. Our room (9) didn't dissappoint. Immaculately clean, fresh crisp bedding and lovely white fluffy towels. The bathroom was stunning, more than well appointed and finished to a very high standard.
The interior of Applegarth was stunning, stain glass windows, lots of character wherever you looked.
I guess a comment for improvement would be I felt the front of house let the place down. Really it started when I called up at 19:45pm to find out when the kitchen closed on the Friday evening. I was told in no uncertain terms it was 20:45. The weather was horrific and although the sat nav was saying our arrival was 20:35 I knew we may be pushing it, so I downloaded the menu en route and rang back to give our choices thinking this will allay concerns in case we run into traffic. On calling back the same guy answered and said it would be pointless taking our food menu as the Chef wont start cooking until we arrived due to food 'waste' etc. I came off the phone and my husband and I both thougt this was a strange comment in light of the fact our room came with dinner so in our minds we had already paid for this. As it happens we made it in good time so all the stress was for nothing. On booking the room I wasnt told that the kitchen shut at a certain time and i just wonder had we turned up just after 20:45 would we not have had dinner?
On both mornings at breakfast we waited at least 5 mins before even our drinks order was taken and on the last morning, it was upto 15 mins, when my husband had to go in and ask if our requests could be taken, even after that there was a delay. The waitresses were still however cleaning tables. It sounds petty but just to get a coffee or tea before taking our food requests would be fine.
The friedliest response I feel during our stay was on check out when we were paying and the guy was quite interested in finding out what we were doing etc. I would say customer service amounts to so much and is the reason why I personally would come back to the same place more than once. I did feel that baring this in mind , I am sorry to say the Applegarth for me lacked a bit of soul this weekend.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted that you loved your room, we are so lucky that Applegarth retains so many of its original features which enhance the luxury bathrooms and furnishings.
I think there may have been a misunderstanding regarding dinner on the first evening. Serving times in the restaurant are included in the booking confirmation you received when making the reservation. All that our Manager was trying to relay was that since your journey had already taken you considerably longer than you had expected, coupled with the weather being horrific and you still had at least an hours journey time it would not have been wise to order dinner as Chefs team prepares everything freshly so we could have sorted something out when you arrived.
I'm sorry you felt waiting 5 minutes to be served for breakfast was not acceptable. Breakfast at Applegarth is a relaxed affair that is Waitress served and again freshly prepared. It usually takes our Guests longer than 5 minutes to study the menu! If you were in a rush you need only have attracted a waitress's attention and you would have been served immediately

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Booked a surprise night away in the Lakes for my husband and I for our 21st Wedding Anniversary. We found the hotel accommodation to be very well appointed, clean and friendly staff, especially the owner and his wife, Alan & Suzanne. The restaurant food was excellent and the breakfast was the best I have had. The location was also great and to have the pool and spa facilities of the Macdonald hotel nearby was an added bonus, would definitely recommend it and stay again in the near future hopefully.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
ApplegarthVilla, Owner at Applegarth Villa Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thank you for choosing Applegarth for your stay in Windermere especially on such a special occasion as your 21st Wedding anniversary.We look forward to your return visit

Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Having stayed at the Applegarth before I have to say we were certainly not disappointed by our return visit! After a crazy weekend at work all we needed was a bit of R&R and some luxury and that is what we got. The Applegarth is pure 5 Star- our room (17) had an enormous bed- so comfy with luxurious sheets, a big TV and is beautifully decorated. As for the bathroom- amazing! A huge jacuzzi big enough for a party! Twinkling lights in the ceiling and another TV! Pure heaven!!
The food was just as good, I had the parfait which was lovely and my partner had the smoked venison which she raved about! For mains I had a Zucchini dish which was really unusual and lovely- being a chef myself I may have to steal the idea!!! My partner had the Rose Veal which I also tasted and it was fabulous! To finish the Rhubarb trifle and the selection of ice creams were delicious. To add to our treat we asked if we could have a cheeseboard in our room so we could relax further- this was done straight away for us- great service. Breakfast was equally as good, the full English was hearty and well cooked, 2 sausages, 2 bacon, grilled tomatoes, mushrooms, eggs & black pudding!!! Needless to say I needed no lunch on my return home!!!
Without doubt we will be back and I would confidently recommend the Applegarth to anyone looking for a luxurious, friendly and relaxing place to stay in Windermere.

• Stayed: September 2013

As always it was lovely to welcome you back to Applegarth, you both work so hard its good to be able to offer you the R&R you so deserve. See you soon