We've just got back from a one night break here for our anniversary. On arrival at the hotel I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the hotel looked from both outside and inside. We were greeted by the owner whom is very polite and friendly. We were given directions to our room (no17) and then left to our own devices.
Our room was lovely, firm beds nice seating area - bathroom is very modern although a funny shape but this did not bother us. Unfortunately we ran out of time to try out the jacuzzi bath with tv!! (Rather disappointed at this). The shower is lovely, over the bath rainfall style however it actually had power to it unlike most rainfall showers.
We didn't eat tea at the hotel but went into bowness for an Italian - got a taxi which cost £4.50. There are many places to eat down by the lake.
Breakfast at the hotel was fine, hubby had the eggs benedict which he is still raving about now, I had a full English with poached eggs which was ok, eggs were overdone for my liking - but I didn't state I liked them runny so mainly my fault on this.
My only real criticism for the hotel and they are really only niggly points. We found hair I between the sinks in the bathroom that wasn't ours and the bottled water in the room had been refilled with tap water (or so I think) - I do believe that in a 5star hotel bottled mineral water should always be provided.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Applegarth Villa is truly a rare find being the only 5 gold star guest accommodation with on-site bar & restaurant with AA restaurant award, situated in Windermere in the very heart of the Lake District. Offering individual luxury accommodation of the highest standard together with our newly appointed suites all with a hot tub, this magnificent Villa is unique to Windermere. Having both an Award winning restaurant serving only the best locally sourced regional produce and a cosy oak panelled bar with roaring fire and one of the finest Whisky selection in the area, this is the perfect place to spend the evening after enjoying a day in the Lakes. Who would want to venture out on a cold winters evenings with everything you need in one magnificent building. Equally our summer terrace is the perfect outdoor space to dine in warmer weather whilst enjoying a glass of wine and watching the sunset over the distant fells from your hot tub. With plenty of secure on site parking this makes Applegarth the perfect choice for your stay in the lakes. To compliment this magnificent building, all our rooms are fully coordinated with fabrics and soft furnishings carefully chosen by our interior designer. Luxurious bathrooms, wall mounted flat screen TV's, free hi speed internet access,suites with hot tubs, refreshment tray, bottled Lakeland water and bathrobes all come as standard! In consideration of our many guests who join us to escape family and business pressures, we are unable to welcome children. Our guest accommodation offers everything you would come to expect from Windermere hotels, including a public bar, a beautiful 40 cover conservatory restaurant, a large private floodlit car park. ADULT ONLY ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Applegarth Villa and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Applegarth Villa And Jr`s Restaurant
- Applegarth Villa & Jr`s Restaurant Hotel Windermere
- Applegarth Hotel Windermere
- Applegarth Villa And Restaurant Windermere, Lake District