We stayed here for two nights b&b and one nights dinner. The food was excellent with a good choice. The restaurant had excellent views across to the snow capped mountains. The room was of adequate size with plenty of storage and hanging room. Stafe, iron and ironing board in the wardrobe. The bathroom was small but usuable with a very good power shower. The more expensive rooms were bigger but the room was adequate for what we wanted and it was cleaned whilst we were at breakfast by some magic cleaners who we didn't see which was nice. The staff that we did see we're very polite and efficient. There is a nice conservatory at the rear next to the restaurant with views across the mountains and nice to sit and read to chat with other guests. Would definitely stay again and do not hesitate that if you want luxury then this is well worth a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Applegarth Villa is truly a rare find being the only 5 gold star guest accommodation with on-site bar & restaurant with AA restaurant award, situated in Windermere in the very heart of the Lake District. Offering individual luxury accommodation of the highest standard together with our newly appointed suites all with a hot tub, this magnificent Villa is unique to Windermere. Having both an Award winning restaurant serving only the best locally sourced regional produce and a cosy oak panelled bar with roaring fire and one of the finest Whisky selection in the area, this is the perfect place to spend the evening after enjoying a day in the Lakes. Who would want to venture out on a cold winters evenings with everything you need in one magnificent building. Equally our summer terrace is the perfect outdoor space to dine in warmer weather whilst enjoying a glass of wine and watching the sunset over the distant fells from your hot tub. With plenty of secure on site parking this makes Applegarth the perfect choice for your stay in the lakes. To compliment this magnificent building, all our rooms are fully coordinated with fabrics and soft furnishings carefully chosen by our interior designer. Luxurious bathrooms, wall mounted flat screen TV's, free hi speed internet access,suites with hot tubs, refreshment tray, bottled Lakeland water and bathrobes all come as standard! In consideration of our many guests who join us to escape family and business pressures, we are unable to welcome children. Our guest accommodation offers everything you would come to expect from Windermere hotels, including a public bar, a beautiful 40 cover conservatory restaurant, a large private floodlit car park. ADULT ONLY ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Applegarth Villa and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Applegarth Villa And Jr`s Restaurant
- Applegarth Villa & Jr`s Restaurant Hotel Windermere
- Applegarth Hotel Windermere
- Applegarth Villa And Restaurant Windermere, Lake District