This hotel is immaculate...well considered and very clean. Our room downstairs was very peaceful and ensured we slept well. The bathroom was small but fitted to an exceptional standard complete with large, fluffy towels which smelled of fabric conditioner and not hotel laundry!
In our opinion, some of the staff need to relax and smile more. This would go a long way to improve the quality of service. No-one seemed to want to chat or to listen carefully to our orders. We had the wrong fish starter on the first night and the wrong ice cream on the 2nd night.
It might sound picky, but it could help to up the ratings??
We also wondered if some more imaginative food might attract higher ratings? It did seem a little catering stylee in part and one diner was clearly dismayed that the sticky toffee pudding was not prepared to order so as to avoid on both nights the prospect of raisins!! The lamb was awful and should be removed at hasten from the menu.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Applegarth Villa is truly a rare find being the only 5 gold star guest accommodation with on-site bar & restaurant with AA restaurant award, situated in Windermere in the very heart of the Lake District. Offering individual luxury accommodation of the highest standard together with our newly appointed suites all with a hot tub, this magnificent Villa is unique to Windermere. Having both an Award winning restaurant serving only the best locally sourced regional produce and a cosy oak panelled bar with roaring fire and one of the finest Whisky selection in the area, this is the perfect place to spend the evening after enjoying a day in the Lakes. Who would want to venture out on a cold winters evenings with everything you need in one magnificent building. Equally our summer terrace is the perfect outdoor space to dine in warmer weather whilst enjoying a glass of wine and watching the sunset over the distant fells from your hot tub. With plenty of secure on site parking this makes Applegarth the perfect choice for your stay in the lakes. To compliment this magnificent building, all our rooms are fully coordinated with fabrics and soft furnishings carefully chosen by our interior designer. Luxurious bathrooms, wall mounted flat screen TV's, free hi speed internet access,suites with hot tubs, refreshment tray, bottled Lakeland water and bathrobes all come as standard! In consideration of our many guests who join us to escape family and business pressures, we are unable to welcome children. Our guest accommodation offers everything you would come to expect from Windermere hotels, including a public bar, a beautiful 40 cover conservatory restaurant, a large private floodlit car park. ADULT ONLY ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Applegarth Villa and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Applegarth Villa And Jr`s Restaurant
- Applegarth Villa & Jr`s Restaurant Hotel Windermere
- Applegarth Hotel Windermere
- Applegarth Villa And Restaurant Windermere, Lake District