I wanted to find somewhere special for our 30th wedding Anniversary. We were away the week after so I wanted somewhere for a short break and thought of the Lake District. After a quick internet search the Applegarth was coming out top for location, quality and customer satisfaction. The hotel has old world charm with modern facilities. It is family run (and it shows with the attention to detail and care taken). The rooms are superb, with 3 levels of quality. We stayed in room 9 with a four poster bed, lovely views of the "village green" and a bathroom usually only seen in glossy magazines. The restaurant is also 5*. Evening meals were superb (at certain times the evening meals are included in the price) and it's the first hotel we have stayed at that had a 3 course breakfast menu. If Alex Politzi (the Hotel Inspector) stayed here, she would be happy. This may not be the cheapest hotel (£220 per night per room bb&em) but if you want quality and a warm welcome this is the one for you. Next year (2015) the hotel is expanding into an adjacent property that was part of the original building with what sounds like luxury rooms with balconies. We cannot wait to go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Applegarth Villa is truly a rare find being the only 5 gold star guest accommodation with on-site bar & restaurant with AA restaurant award, situated in Windermere in the very heart of the Lake District. Offering individual luxury accommodation of the highest standard together with our newly appointed suites all with a hot tub, this magnificent Villa is unique to Windermere. Having both an Award winning restaurant serving only the best locally sourced regional produce and a cosy oak panelled bar with roaring fire and one of the finest Whisky selection in the area, this is the perfect place to spend the evening after enjoying a day in the Lakes. Who would want to venture out on a cold winters evenings with everything you need in one magnificent building. Equally our summer terrace is the perfect outdoor space to dine in warmer weather whilst enjoying a glass of wine and watching the sunset over the distant fells from your hot tub. With plenty of secure on site parking this makes Applegarth the perfect choice for your stay in the lakes. To compliment this magnificent building, all our rooms are fully coordinated with fabrics and soft furnishings carefully chosen by our interior designer. Luxurious bathrooms, wall mounted flat screen TV's, free hi speed internet access,suites with hot tubs, refreshment tray, bottled Lakeland water and bathrobes all come as standard! In consideration of our many guests who join us to escape family and business pressures, we are unable to welcome children. Our guest accommodation offers everything you would come to expect from Windermere hotels, including a public bar, a beautiful 40 cover conservatory restaurant, a large private floodlit car park. ADULT ONLY ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Applegarth Villa and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Applegarth Villa And Jr`s Restaurant
- Applegarth Villa & Jr`s Restaurant Hotel Windermere
- Applegarth Hotel Windermere
- Applegarth Villa And Restaurant Windermere, Lake District