“Awful weather, brilliant day out.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Treetop Trek
Ranked #2 of 4 Fun & Games in Windermere
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Come and try our exciting 35 treetop challenges, designed to make you swing, climb, balance and fly through the ancient oak woodland canopy. You'll be connected securely to our unique continuous safety cable which enables all ages and abilities from 5yrs upwards to join in the fun. To top it all off you will be able to race friends and family down our three parallel 250 metre zip wires taking in spectacular views of the fells and Lake Windermere. Perfect for Friends, Families, Celebrations, Groups, Parties, School, Youth & Corporate Events... the outdoors has never been this much fun!
Carlisle, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Awful weather, brilliant day out.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

The only thing the excellent staff couldn't help us with was improving the weather. A brilliant day out with friends and young family, made even better by the helpfulness of the staff, nothing was too much trouble, and despite our day being cut short by the threat of lightening, we loved every minute there. Thanks also for the partial refund due to us not being able to complete the trek, we will definitely be back if only to have a go at the final zip wire!!!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
north yorks
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

I completed the full course together with my seven year old daughter and we had a great time. The course is quite hard work and you need a fairly good head for heights. I was quite surprised my daughter managed to complete some of the challenges and I would not recommend for any younger children. The highlight has to be the zip wire at the end which was is great fun.
The staff were all helpful and they take time to ensure all your harnesses are secure before you start, I would definitely recommend tree top trek for adults and children alike.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank capisan
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great morning spent in the trees!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

The treetop trek is a great way to spend a morning in the Lake District. The full course is well worth doing, completely safe, challenging but doable without previous experience

Visited October 2013
Warrington, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Challenging but definitely a lot of fun for all of the family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

If you hate heights, this isn't one for you! However, they are on different levels.
It's definitely value for money if you do all 3 heights (including the zipwire at the end). The staff are all very friendly and willing to help/assist with any upset children and they definitely put safety first.
I have been wanting to do something similar to this for a long time and it definitely lived up to expectations, I enjoyed the views and as challenging as it was it was peaceful being up in the trees. I did the trek with my younger sister and we enjoyed ourselves - we were hungry afterwards so popped to the cafe which is on the same site.

Amazing, I'd definitely recommend.

Visited August 2013
Epsom, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Brilliant fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

It was a great morning out, myself with two children (13 and 8); the staff were brilliant giving good explanations of what to do, plus it was very well organised so the waiting was minimal (definitely need to prebook though).
I've done a similar treetop event before, but what I liked about this one from a safety point of view was that you are always hooked on by your tether, clipped on at the beginning, and then off at the end - you simply slide the clip along (I hear that on some of these you have to clip and unclip yourself for various zipwires - not something I would entrust my 8 year old with!)
Overall a fun and memorable day. Definitely recommend it.

Visited August 2013