“Great fun”

Treetop Trek
Ranked #2 of 4 Fun & Games in Windermere
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Come and try our exciting 35 treetop challenges, designed to make you swing, climb, balance and fly through the ancient oak woodland canopy. You'll be connected securely to our unique continuous safety cable which enables all ages and abilities from 5yrs upwards to join in the fun. To top it all off you will be able to race friends and family down our three parallel 250 metre zip wires taking in spectacular views of the fells and Lake Windermere. Perfect for Friends, Families, Celebrations, Groups, Parties, School, Youth & Corporate Events... the outdoors has never been this much fun!
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Went with my husband and 7 year old daughter. We did the Mini Trek. We were last in the group to go and my daughter froze and wouldn't go. The instructor was very patient and suggested different things but she wouldn't do it, so they let her do the zip wire twice which she loved! I enjoyed doing the Mini Trek but found it in places to be difficult, even if it is designed for aged 5 or above! There were many children who were frightened and struggling, yet some kids ran through it. I would definitely recommend it.

1  Thank SailingLisa1

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

It was a bit busy at the office on arrival-think they need to review the flow of people that have already booked versus trying to book (it's in a building that pre-dates the business so may not be all that easy to do). Our kids have done similar courses on hols in France and this was better managed in terms of the number and frequency of bookings so that there are not any noticeable bottle necks. Not being one of life's natural climbers I was worried at holding the kids on the course up on our group, but I loitered at the back of our group and it wasn't a problem. It was my first time doing it and enjoyed it-especially the zip wire at the end.

There are other things to do in Brockhole visitor centre where this is located-decent playground area, cafe, access to lake Windermere and plenty of places to picnic.

Car parking : we had problem paying by card, but you can pay by card at the visitor centre reception.

We will definitely come back here with our kids as plenty to keep them busy for a few hours.

For those of you that are worried about how safe it is:

Unlike go ape or similar this does not have a two clip system. So once you're clipped in, you stay clipped in and "hoik" the pulley across to the next crossing (this may prove difficult for young children but you can have up to 3 between crossings so a parent/elder sibling can easily help). They have two lines on the course-one for joe public and the other just for the instructors so should anyone experience difficulties then they can quickly scooch across. The weight limit for joe public (if I remember correctly) is 15st.

3  Thank lambretta72
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Went here with my husband when visiting the lakes, what can I say if you want to swing through the trees get your adrenaline pumping and have a good laugh then this is a must!
Fab staff as well, tony our instructor was a real laugh and put even the most nervous of climber at there ease!!
It was extremely busy and they said most Saturdays are full so probably best to book.

1  Thank NicNic2010
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Went here as part of my hen do. I loved it! Felt very safe and the staff were friendly and helpful. Would go again just for the zip wire!

1  Thank TessiD
Reviewed 2 June 2014

1 adult and 2 kids braved this for a second time and loved every minute. Pricey but 2 hours of adrenalin rush and kids can't stop talking about what great fun it was