“Very nice experience”

Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

After looking at the menus of a few different restaurants, my girlfriend and I decided on this one because they had a nice simple menu with plenty of variation. I went for the sausage, mash and veg which was lovely! Overall the service was good too as it was fast as well as helpful.

1  Thank Jack P

Reviewed 1 November 2013

The fish and chips were very good. My partner ordered the chilli and it was very very bland, almost tasteless. This may have been a one off but would avoid the chilli, but recommend the fish

1  Thank phil K
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We went for a meal there what a big mistake .
We were served by a Scottish waitress after we wait 5 min at the top the stairs by the restaurant we had pressed the bell a few times and no one came.
when the waitress did we were told find our own table which we found very rude off her
After waiting ten more mins the menus we're throw at us as she walked off in to the kitchen we were not asked if we would like to order any drinks. so In the end my wife went downstairs for our drinks.
My wife had got our drinks and came back and we still not ordered our food .
We were just thinking off leaving and going else were as the service was bad .
Then the Scottish lady came to take our order I asked for a steak medium rare and steak and ale pie at no time was I asked if i would like a sauce with my steak I asked if she could bring us a jug of water with our meal which did not turn up.
The food arrived looked nice till I put my knife in to my steak it was cooked med/well I would say
But I asked for medium to rare when I complained I was told I asked for med/well which I know I did not at no time was I asked did I want a replacement my wife had the steak and ale pie she said the gravy was to rich all most sickly with a over baked pie lid and the veg had no taste to it .
In the end we want to leave and asked for the bill which we waited 15 mins for we were asked if everything was ok with our meal but 25 mins earlier I complained about it no refund or discount was offered I know I should of gone the lighthouse across the road .
Please stay clear off this pub.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

would echo my friends comments ,the service and atmosphere was without doubt very welcoming and friendly.maggie the waiteress had a great sense of humour that made the experience excelent. must also mention the food, it was fantastic and the portions where value for money. will go back for another enjoyable evening soon i hope. a brown

Reviewed 22 October 2013

The food was great the chef was very nice made time to speak with us when we where leaving Maggie our waitress was lovely and took our Scottish humour in good fun a great night out would return to eat their the next time we go to the lakes G Baxter