“Shocking - avoid”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Shocking - avoid”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Called in here with my partner for lunch, what a mistake, Barmaid had the personality of a barmat. Ordered food- I had roast chicken dinner, partner had chicken curry. Roast dinner was very poor, half of chicken (budgie) was dry, old and I should have ordered grilled shoe leather it would have been easier to eat, The chicken curry was ok, so my dining partner said, its not cheap, average of £9 for basic pub grub. save your money go to Greggs down the street. It felt is wasn't worth complaining about as the barmaid was too busy talking to a man who had come to meet her, and of course she didn't ask if everything was ok, cause she was busy chatting or on her phone!

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank b-pool-bloke

• Polish first
Queensland
“Ordinary food and ordinary service”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We dined here one night in September. Upon arrival to the upstairs restaurant we waited sometime before being attended to - though we had been seen waiting. The room was very basic though the view over the street was quite good. Our meals were very basic pub food and the service was ordinary. Our waitress seemed disinterested and it was an obvious effort. The price wasn't bad.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank cruizin42
“Great food. Great service.”
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

After reading reviews while waiting for our food to come I was getting a little worried but I was amazed at how well presented and lovely the food was. Chicken burger was real chicken breast with white soft bun, lots of chips and lovely salad. The lady who served us was very polite. Loved the decor in the restaurant, felt like I was somewhere very posh. Defiantly doesn't deserve the bad reviews, probably the best place I've been while visiting Windermere. Price was very reasonable too, even left a tip which I hate doing :p

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank ddgg1122
Washington, England, United Kingdom
“Very nice experience”
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

After looking at the menus of a few different restaurants, my girlfriend and I decided on this one because they had a nice simple menu with plenty of variation. I went for the sausage, mash and veg which was lovely! Overall the service was good too as it was fast as well as helpful.

1 Thank Jack P
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Ok pub food”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

The fish and chips were very good. My partner ordered the chilli and it was very very bland, almost tasteless. This may have been a one off but would avoid the chilli, but recommend the fish

Visited October 2013