“Disgraceful Attitude of Restaurant Staff”
Review of The Queens Pub

The Queens Pub
Ranked #46 of 77 Restaurants in Windermere
Price range: US$7 - US$19
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We visited the upstairs restaurant in the Queens pub on Sunday 16th February 2014. We were staying in Windermere for the week and decided to just have a pub type meal, we were not after anything fancy and this seemed a reasonable choice. From the minute we walked in, I felt we had made a mistake - the restaurant was untidy and the waitress didn't seem to know what she was doing - however, we had sat down by this point and thought we may as well order something to eat. My partner ordered garlic mushrooms to start (can't really go wrong with those) and I ordered a special of shish kebabs. When our starters arrived I was horrified to find that mine was completely raw mince in the middle, I cut all 3 open and they were all the same. My partner said we should send them back and called a passing waiter over saying "you will really have to do better than that, these are raw inside". This was met with an apology and he took them away. A couple of minutes later we heard a loud voice saying "oh yeah, I will do better than that next time alright!!!" We turned around to see who had said this and it was the Chef! My partner and I both picked up our coats and went to leave, this felt so rude and condescending, I could not believe that customers are treated so shabbily. As we went to leave, I actually said to the Chef "I think your comments are very rude and there is no way you should speak like that in front of your customers" to which he responded that he wasn't talking to us and that the kebabs were not raw, the mince had been minced that very morning and they were meant to be that way. I disagreed with this. I would never set foot inside this pub again and I don't advise you to either. They need to sort out their staff pronto.

1  Thank Sarah B
There are newer reviews for The Queens Pub

Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Popped in for a drink and the atmosphere could have been cut with a knife. This a local pub for local roughinens

3  Thank Teesha F
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Food was passable but not great It seemed to me that everything was microwaved and not cooked fresh. As the saying goes you get what you pay for

1  Thank daisybucket
Diana1965, Owner at The Queens Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thanks you for your review. We do not have any bought in microwaved food as this is very expensive the cheapest way is to make everything from scratch. Obviously some things are made in advance such as lasagne or curry or steak and ale pie which is slow cooked. Things like steak, cumberland sausage, gammon and garlic mushrooms are cooked to order.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Went in and no food service, the young man behind the bar was very polite and apologetic and did point us in the direction of the Lighthouse. Following day signs still there.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Busy pub with quite a few locals fairly downmarket but OK for a couple of beers. Can be a bit noisy with canned music.