“wonderful”

Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Windermere
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 24 March 2011

this our third stay at the low wood and everything about it is great the staff are all lovely and always do what they can the food at both dinner and breakfast is very very good and the pool and outside hot tub is fab

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
MichelleCroukamp, Deputy Manager at Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2011

Dear Guest, thank you for such a rewarding review. You may be interested to know that all Trip-advisor reviews are conveyed to the team and our directors. Thank you for sharing your comments with all trip advisor users. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Kind Regards, Michelle Croukamp, Deputy Manager

There are newer reviews for Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa

Reviewed 22 March 2011

I organised a large event for the Lancia Motor Club with over 100 club members staying at Low Wood. In the build up to the event, the booking staff bent over backwards to ensure that all of my requirements for the event were met.

On arrival, the reception staff were extremely friendly. Many of the club members were able to enjoy some good banter with the reception staff which added to the relaxed feel of the event that I had organised.

The food, both in the bar and the restaurant were of an extremely high standard and the serving staff incredibly efficient. We made use of the private function room for a gala dinner on our second night in the hotel. I found that the team work shown be the serving staff to be of an extremely high standard. The speed of service was exceptional with only 10 minutes wait between courses - no mean feat when serving about 105 people, and by far the quickest I have experienced at similar events!

I found that all of the staff involved were extremely friendly and helpful, and they will do anything to help make your stay an enjoyable one.

All of the people within my group said that they would definitely go back I will be recommending Low Wood Bay Hotel to all of my family and friends. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Stu_128

Dear Stuart, thank you so much for the fantastic review - I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent Lancia Motor Club event. We are always happy to read any reviews from our guests on trip advisor, especially concerning the staffing of your event from the build up to your departure/ I will pass on your excellent comments to the team within the hotel. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future for another enjoyable event. Once again thank you for your review. Kind Regards, Michelle Croukamp, Deputy Manager.

Reviewed 21 March 2011

My 13yr old son & I had a great overnight stay in this lovely hotel. i needed somewhere for half-term that would suit my need for a relaxing break and his for something active to do. The Leisure Centre gave us both that - he loved the pool & I loved my sea weed wrap! I even ventured into the Hot Tub outside in the chilly February air - refreshing ...
The food was exceptional - the Cumberland sausage very tasty & I can't remember what the dessert was called but it was mouthwatering.

Unfortunately the Water Sports Centre was closed for winter so we couldn't use that - lots of things to do including sailing, water skiing, kayaks and motor boats.

Our room overlooked the lake and was really comfortable and son loved the jacuzzi bath. The staff were really helpful and told us of some walks nearby that were not too difficult for us both to tackle.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
MichelleCroukamp, Deputy Manager at Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2011

Dear Guest, thank you so much for the fantastic review - I was delighted to read that you and your son thoroughly enjoyed your stay. I am glad that you both enjoyed the leisure facilities and the food, I must agree the Cumberland sausage is exceptional.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future for another enjoyable break. You may be interested to know that all Trip-advisor reviews are conveyed to the team and our directors. Thank you for sharing your comments with all trip advisor users. Kind Regards, Michelle Croukamp, Deputy Manager

Reviewed 21 March 2011

From the minute we stepped into the hotel the staff were fab! Everything was wonderful...location great for visiting all the touristy and non touristy places. Views across lake wonderful...food was fantastic...our room decor was tired but we ignored that as the place was relaxing and value for money...used the leisure club and steam room and spa and hot tub! would certainly fo back!

Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, thank you so much for the fantastic review - I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. You may be interested to know that all Trip-advisor reviews are conveyed to the team and our directors. I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Low Wood Hotel in the near future. Kind Regards, Michelle Croukamp, Deputy Manager

Reviewed 12 March 2011

After staying at a city chain hotel a few weeks ago, it was great to arrive at a hotel with high room standards and well presented public areas. Clean throughout, courteous staff, good food and nice location - really on Windermere's shore line.

Have stayed before and a nice hotel to return to, if a little pricey, but you do get what you pay for. A nice little hotel group - also look at The Waterhead if you want something smaller/nicher.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
MichelleCroukamp, Deputy Manager at Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2011

Reviewed 11 March 2011

Just went to Lakes for a couple of days at half term and it rained almost constantly but we had a good time.
We had a large feature room with lake views and dispite the fact we normally live in the quiet Yorkshire Dales we did not find the road a problem.
My son who is 5 loved the pool and the make your own pizza in the cafe at lunch time.
Food was very good and the staff friendly and very child friendly.
Would go again but may be in summer next time.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family

Dear Guest, thank you for your fantastic comments about hotel, I am pleased to read that your Son also enjoyed the hotel and that he could make his own pizza, I hope he made the most of Sam’s club and became a member!

I am also glad you enjoyed the food at the hotel as well as the pool at the leisure club, You may be interested to know that all Trip-advisor reviews are conveyed to the team and our directors. Thank you for sharing your comments with all trip advisor users. We look forward to seeing you again in the future Kind Regards, Michelle Croukamp, Deputy Manager

Reviewed 11 March 2011

Just returned from a two night stay at this hotel with dinner included on the first night. What an amazing and wonderful hotel this is. We had a lovely lake view standard room which although small was very well appointed, spotlessly clean and the most comfortable hotel bed I have slept in. The staff were faultless. So attentive and guest focused in every way, especially the two waiters in the restaurant the evening we dined there. All the staff made you feel like an individual guest and were so pleasant and friendly in such a natural way. The hotel facilities were outstanding. Beautiful lounge areas, stunning restaurant and a lovely health spa. The food was fabulous and I have to say this is the best four star hotel that I have stayed in by far. We will certainly be staying again and would recommend this hotel without hesitation. 10 out of 10 in every way and so well deservied. I thought hotels of this calibre did not exist anymore and was so pleasantly surprised to find this gem of a place.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business

Dear Guest, thank you so much for the fantastic review - I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. I am glad you enjoyed the room and the comfortable bed as well as the food and public areas of the hotel. In particular I would like to thank you for your excellent comments regarding our team.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future for another enjoyable break. You may be interested to know that all Trip-advisor reviews are conveyed to the team and our directors. Thank you for sharing your comments with all trip advisor users. Once again thank you for your review. Kind Regards, Michelle Croukamp, Deputy Manager