I have stayed at this hotel many times over the last few years and can honestly say that I have no desire to search for anywhere else now.
The staff is a real credit to the hotel and amongst the politest and most helpful I have ever come across. If you have any individual needs then they are more than happy to accommodate this and actually go out of their way to make your stay as pleasant as possible.
The rooms are always spotless and are also quite roomy. The little extras like free bottled water, mints and your own ice bucket to cool down drinks on a warm evening in your room are great and a selection of free good quality toiletries to try are a nice touch too.
We went on this occasion on a special weekend offer which included our 3 course meal and a glass of wine on the first night. A bargain! The food here is exceptional and drinks are not too badly priced either.
We also took advantage of a 10% discount for guests on water sports just across the road from the hotel and spent an afternoon canoeing. It was fantastic and much cheaper than hiring in Bowness or Ambleside. Staff again was extremely helpful.
In the spa, the pool, sauna, steam room and outside hot tub provide a great way to unwind after a day out.
There were seven members of my family here on this visit as it was for our wedding anniversary and our son’s joint 30th birthdays. They had put balloons, chocolates and cards in our rooms for our arrival and I must say this was a lovely touch.
We are hoping to revisit again in November this year and are really looking forward to our return.
If you want to be kept up to date with any offers the hotel are promoting you can visit their website and sign up to get them. Another little perk the hotel offers you.
I love this hotel and would gladly recommend it to anyone. It really is the perfect place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a most spectacular location on the shores of Windermere, Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa offers luxurious 4-star accommodation and a range of resort leisure facilities to suit all ages and abilities. Blue Smoke is a contemporary dining experience that offers British produce cooked on our South American wood-fired grill, or dine in the more traditional Windermere Restaurant. Langdale Lounge and Bar also gives the opportunity to eat throughout the day with views over the lake. Relax in The Spa and pamper yourself with a range of treatments designed to restore and energise. Swimming pool, sauna, steam room, and an outdoor hot tub with unrivalled views over the lake. The fitness suite boasts state of the equipment, a dance studio, squash court and personalised trainers. For the adventurous, the Watersports Centre offers instruction in water-skiing, canoeing, paddle-boarding and much more. Low Wood Bay is in the process of upgrading and will be reopening in 3 phases, as detailed below: 1st phase: Hotel re-opens 12 April. Guests can enjoy the complete refurbishment of all the previous hotel bedrooms, ‘The Windermere’ restaurant, 'Langdale Lounge' and Health Club facilities opens in May. New improved road entrance. 2nd phase: Opens July. The Spa, a new restaurant ‘Blue Smoke,’ additional outdoor leisure facilities and a new atrium space. Final phase: Opens October. All new block of ‘Club House’ rooms and suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Superbreak UK, LateRooms and Agoda so you can book your Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Low Wood Bay Hotel Windermere
- Low Wood Windermere
- Hotel Low Wood
- Low Wood Hotel Windermere
- Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa Windermere, Lake District