I read other reviews with a mixture of feelings. We had been invited for a family wedding, so we knew it was going to be busy, but we needn't have worried, it was fantastic. Every single member of staff was excellent. Even 2 days after the wedding, they were still asking us if we had enjoyed it. Even when my sisters car windscreen had a nasty run in with a large stone, the staff at the hotel were on hand to offer mugs of tea to the little man who came to fix it. It was the small things that made it so special - the fresh milk delivered within 3 minutes for a cup of tea in my room; the lavender "pillow mist" that you could spray on for a good nights sleep. Talking of which, the beds are HUGE. I needed a map to get to the other side! It was just an excellent experience. We had a "split level suite" which had a living area downstairs and a bed upstairs. The leisure club was great as well - a really nice pool and a hot tub outside - which was well used despite the miserable weather.
The only thing that I could say is that our room was right next to where the laundry comes in - at 6am. But the bed was so comfy and we were so tired I fell asleep again immediately.
The food was outstanding as well. We had breakfast and an evening meal (as well as the wedding reception) and they were all excellent quality and piping hot.
I can't recommend this place highly enough, although the pricing structure was a little odd. I paid less for a huge suite than my sister did for a standard room!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a most spectacular location on the shores of Windermere, Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa offers luxurious 4-star accommodation and a range of resort leisure facilities to suit all ages and abilities. Blue Smoke is a contemporary dining experience that offers British produce cooked on our South American wood-fired grill, or dine in the more traditional Windermere Restaurant. Langdale Lounge and Bar also gives the opportunity to eat throughout the day with views over the lake. Relax in The Spa and pamper yourself with a range of treatments designed to restore and energise. Swimming pool, sauna, steam room, and an outdoor hot tub with unrivalled views over the lake. The fitness suite boasts state of the equipment, a dance studio, squash court and personalised trainers. For the adventurous, the Watersports Centre offers instruction in water-skiing, canoeing, paddle-boarding and much more. Low Wood Bay is in the process of upgrading and will be reopening in 3 phases, as detailed below: 1st phase: Hotel re-opens 12 April. Guests can enjoy the complete refurbishment of all the previous hotel bedrooms, ‘The Windermere’ restaurant, 'Langdale Lounge' and Health Club facilities opens in May. New improved road entrance. 2nd phase: Opens July. The Spa, a new restaurant ‘Blue Smoke,’ additional outdoor leisure facilities and a new atrium space. Final phase: Opens October. All new block of ‘Club House’ rooms and suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Low Wood Bay Hotel Windermere
- Low Wood Windermere
- Hotel Low Wood
- Low Wood Hotel Windermere
- Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa Windermere, Lake District