Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa
US$205
US$171
Agoda.com
  • Pool
The Windermere Hotel(Windermere)(Great Value!)
US$87
Agoda.com
US$187
Official Site
1,926 results
All reviewsblue smokeleisure clublake viewleisure facilitiesthe outdoor hot tubbusy roadbuilding workmain restaurantfeature roomlake districtlovely hotelkendal mint cakerestaurant staffsteam roomwedding partyhigh standardlots of choice
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Just returned from a 2 night stay at this hotel in total there was 5 of us and 4 dogs, if you are travelling with dogs the hotel is well catered and you get a nice blanket and a dog bone which is a nice touch. It is handy that there is a grassed area where you can take dogs across the rd, this is a busy rd tho, but takes you to a small marina and a watersport centre.
Check is was very quick and a nice reception area, rooms were ready at 2pm all our cases were taken to our rooms, I went to the spa on the first night which was ok, the outside spa made it.
We had a meal in the hotel it was lovely, one of the starters I ordered I did not like without any question it was changed, the service was also very good.
The next day went into the small town and hired a boat £35 for an hour really good fun on the lake,the beds are two bed pushed together but they are bigger that two single beds.
This hotel is nice for a nice relaxing holiday, if you want that, but on the doorstep of the watersports,walking, and just a few miles from the town.
Would I go again ALREADY BOOKED

Room Tip: The lake Windermere view rooms are lovely,
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
MichelleCroukamp, Operations Manager at Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2012

Dear Guest, thank you for your review and the great comments about hotel regarding your recent two night stay. I am glad you bought your dogs along, it sounds like they enjoyed their stay as well, hope they enjoyed their doggy treats. It was also pleasing to read that you enjoyed the hotels leisure facilities and the Windermere Restaurant.

You may be interested to know that all Trip-advisor reviews are conveyed to the team and our directors. Thank you for sharing your comments with all trip advisor users. We look forward to seeing you again in the future Kind Regards, Michelle Croukamp, Operations Manager

Reviewed 7 August 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night recently. It was a last minute reservation as the hotel we had wanted to stay in was fully booked. This hotel was recommended to us so we thought we would give it a try!

We upgraded from a standard room to a bigger room - I have to say the room we were give was huge! Which was great, however a king size bed might have been a nicer touch rather than two single beds pushed together. The bathroom was a good size, if not a little dated. We had no view at all from the room (understandbly you pay more for the lake views).

Out majour problem was the Wedding Party that was going on right outside of our room. Every song was pounding which went on till 1am! This may not have been such as issue if we had been told on arrival, as we could have made plans to stay out later. Instead our nice relaxing evening in the hotel was not so relaxing!! We did raise this issue with reception staff at departure, and were refunded some of the price for the room! So cant complain really.

The breakfast was outstanding...couldnt have wanted more! And filled me up for the day ahead...what more can you want!

We also used the hotel facilities, the pool and the outside hot tub which was a nice touch! Again I think the facilities are a little dated, but a really nice luxury added to our stay!

Overall a good hotel in the heart of the lakes with a wicked breakfast!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
MichelleCroukamp, Operations Manager at Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2012

Dear Guest, thank you so much for your rewarding review – I was delighted to read that you were recommended the hotel and that you enjoyed the room you were allocated as well as the ‘wicked’ breakfast in the Windermere Restaurant and the leisure facilities.

I was disappointed to read that you were kept awake by music from the wedding celebration that was taking place, All wedding evening functions take place in a self contained function facility, I am not aware that we have previously had any issues relating to noise carrying through to the main part of the hotel so I can assure you will look into this in detail.

I hope the unfortunate issue of the noise will not deter you form visiting the hotel again in the future therefore should you wish to discuss a future stay please do not hesitate to contact me where I will ensure you are looked after. Once again thank you for your review and I will ensure your comments are passed on to the team. Kind Regards, Michelle Croukamp, Operations Manager

Reviewed 6 August 2012

I have just come away from low wood bay as me and my wife had our 1st wedding anniversary there, the hotel itself was great and very upmarket as u would expect and staff were very nice to, our room was fantastic, the problem we found was our bedroom was great but the bed was two singles pushed together. boy is my back feeling it now so that was disappointing, my wife is 20 week pregnant and we were 2 storeys up but we didn't mind so much. the main complaint and biggest disappointment was the road, if you see any picture on web site etc, it does NOT show it out the front. It will show you it's brilliant facilities, views and gardens, but no where did they show the main road out the front. it looks like on the pics that the garden is joint directly to the hotel but the marina/garden is across the a very busy main road. and when u sit in the garden you expect to here the water of the lake and the sound of birds on a sunny day , Take Your Ear muffs , the road is busy all day long , if I new this I would NOT have booked this hotel. if they showed the road then it wouldn't have been such a shock and I would have knew what to expect. I live in Worcestershire, I have never been there before, the pictures are deceiving, I understand the need to promote the assets of the hotel, but the leisure and beautiful decor would be good enough without leaving the main road out, the lakeviews are stunning, I wish they would have made us more aware of this noisy road which also after booking a feature lakeview room we were unable to have the windows open as the noise was too much. This was to be a romantic 1st anniversary. I must add though thankfully your reception and bar staff were so courteous and helpful, they helped us to enjoy this stay. Sad to say we won't be returning to the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, Many thanks for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. I would first like to take this opportunity to congratulate you on your recent 1st Anniversary celebrations. I was pleased to read in your review that you liked the hotel, our staff and your room.

I was however sorry to read that you didn’t sleep well, zip and link beds are a common feature in hotels as they provide flexibility for guests and their individual needs, however when these beds are required to be made into a king size bed we place a mattress topper on the bed to ensure that the guest does not feel any difference, it does appear that on this occasion that we may have failed to do this, thank you for bringing it to our attention.

With regards to the road running between the hotel and the marina lawns I do appreciate this may be frustrating, we do have lawns that have a lake view on the hotel side of the road which all guest are welcome to enjoy, I will ensure your comments are discussed with our marketing team and given great consideration.

Once again thank you for your constructive review and I hope one day you may visit us again. Kind Regards, Michelle Croukamp Operations Manager.

Reviewed 1 August 2012

We have just come back from our 3 night honeymoon. There were a few issues with our room on check in as we weren't informed on booking that the room we had requested had a waterbed! However the hotel did everything they could to sort it out and dealt with a very tired and emotional bride very well. The bar staff, and rest of hotel staff were lovely to us and made us feel very welcome. We ended up in the most lovely room so very happy. The location is perfect. The rooms were very clean and the facilities were brilliant. The bed was really comfy and has made me put a mattress topper on the top of my list of things to buy! I cant wait to go back (and take my little girl) and would highly recommend it to everyone.
Particular thanks to Michelle the duty manager who went above and beyond to help and make us feel welcome and happy. See you again as soon as we can!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
MichelleCroukamp, Operations Manager at Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Dear guest, many thanks for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay with us and congratulations once again on your recent wedding, I am pleased that you chose to spend your honeymoon at Low Wood Bay. It was great to read that after moving rooms due to the original room having a waterbed that you enjoyed your stay. I will ensure that your comments are passed on to the team.

As we discussed during your stay it would be great to welcome you back to the hotel with your daughter and I hope we get the opportunity in the near future to meet her. Once again, many thanks for the review and I look forward to seeing you again soon for another enjoyable stay. Kind regards Michelle Croukamp, Operations Manager.

Reviewed 31 July 2012

I have recently arrived back from a trip to Low Wood Bay. I was part of a large party who were somewhat disappointed with the service we received.
The rooms were as expected and kept tidy daily and the lady on reception was very friendly, as where the bar staff.
Food was average and did not represent value in reflection to the price. What really lets this hotel down is some of the rude, incapable hospitality service staff and management. It felt like we were waiting forever to have our order taken and for each course to arrive. We were not asked once if we would like some more drinks and they then ran out of the desserts, we had ordered over two hours previously. They just did not have a clue, basic service expectations were non-existent.
We were hoping to visit a bar in the local area after dinner, but as the dinner service was dragged out over such a long period, it became late and most of us were too tired.
If you can imagine you were invited for a complementary meal, in the understanding you were to be waited on by the new recruits, you would still have been disappointed and customers are actually PAYING for this service!
I sadly get the feeling this hotel’s standards were not up to scratch due to it being unlikely customers will return on a regular basis. We definitely will not be returning!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
NevilJeffery, General Manager at Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2012

Dear Kirstybird_12

Firstly thank you for taking the time to register this review after staying at the Low Wood Bay on the 26th and 27th July 2012 as part of the Frankie and Benny restaurant group booking for 22 guests.

I am aware that during your stay your group had an unfortunate experience in the Windermere Restaurant on Friday evening. The issues that you experienced were down to one bad night for the Restaurant team and I can assure you this is not our usual standard of which we are normally very proud, I would like to convey to you my personal apologies for any distress or disappointment the poor service that you received caused to you and your colleagues.

I read with great disappointment your observations and quotation “hotel down is some of the rude, incapable hospitality service staff and management”. I have managed this hotel for the past ten years and have never had to report back on such comments. Obviously, please except my profuse apologise if this was your experience. You can read many trip adviser reviews that rave about the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff and management, which makes this even more disappointing to read.

Please be advised, the matter at the time was discussed with the Duty Manager at the time, and again in the morning with Michelle Croukamp the Operations Manager, unfortunately your group leader Mr Jason Green was unable to accept the level of compensation offered by Michelle at the time.

I was made aware of the situation on Monday the 30th July upon my return to the hotel. In light of your experience and a thorough investigation into the events that occurred on Friday evening we have fully refunded the full charge for the meal at a cost of £750.00, we are just waiting to confirm the actions we have taken with Mr Jason Green. We are also in the process of writing to every party member individually offering a personal letter of apology, which I hope shows our commitment to service and the capable management of the resort.

This same letter will also be sent to your fellow trip adviser reviewer MrsD08_12 as listed earlier, whom also has reviewed the same visit.

I trust that the rest of your stay was a great success and I hope you have all recovered well from the extremely long 25 mile walk that your group took part in.

Kirstybird_12 if you would wish to discuss you stay in more detail, as we did not get the chance prior to your review, please do not hesitate in contacting myself directly. When I will be more than happy to explain the findings of the investigation and corrective action undertaken.

Kind regards