Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa
US$349
Official Site
Hillthwaite(Windermere)
  • Breakfast included
Cedar Manor Hotel and Restaurant(Windermere)
The Samling Hotel(Windermere)
The Lamplighter(Windermere)
  • Breakfast included
1,915 results
All reviewsblue smokeleisure clublake viewleisure facilitiesthe outdoor hot tubbusy roadbuilding workmain restaurantfeature roomlake districtlovely hotelkendal mint cakerestaurant staffsteam roomwedding partyhigh standardlots of choice
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Myself and my new husband had our day and evening reception of our wedding here in August of this year and it really was the best day of our lives.

From the very first meeting through to even after the wedding day Gemma and Rea the wedding co-ordinators could not do enough for us, helping us out in every way possible to make sure our day was extra special. The day itself was perfect, the staff were all so very well organised, Gemma and Rea were always there on hand and everything ran so smoothly, again, all of the staff going out of their way, bending over backwards to ensure eveything was running perfectly to plan, which made the day completely laid back, relaxing and totally enjoyable for us and all of our guests.

The location is fantastic, over looking the lake where we were able to have our pictures taken down off the jetty- and with the stunning backgrounds the pictures are beautiful!

The food was gorgeous, we have had so many of our guests compliment the day sit down meal and the evening buffets on how delicious it was.

After checkout the following day a lot of the guests made use of the spa and leisure facilities which was a great way to finish off our stay with family and friends.

If I was to do it all over again I wouldn't hesitate to choose The low wood for our wedding and would highly recommend it to anybody looking for a stunning venue for their wedding!
Thank you so much!

• Stayed: August 2013
MichelleCroukamp, Operations Manager at Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Dear newlywed, thank you for your amazing review about the wedding day at Low Wood being the best day of your life! I am so pleased that you chose Low Wood Bay for your special day. It was certainly a pleasure to host your wedding and welcome your family and friends to enjoy with you your special day. I know Gemma, Rea and the team will read your review, and on behalf of the team thank you, we certainly agree that the team at Low Wood are amazing,

I am pleased that you enjoyed all aspect of your wedding day at the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for your first wedding anniversary in 2014. Once again congratulations. Kind Regards, Michelle Croukamp, Operations Manager.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

We stayed here last weekend for my husband's 50th birthday. We had a lake view room, which was fabulous. I was initially a little disappointed about the road between the hotel and the lake - not the hotel's fault I know, but the pictures don't show this and it came as a bit of a shock. The road is very, very busy and with the windows open, was noisy. However, the rest of the stay was so nice that the road faded into the background.
The room was spacious and we had a card from the hotel and some chocolates as gift to my hubby, which was a nice touch. Plenty of tea/coffee/hot chocolate/biscuits etc. were on offer and the bar happily supplied us with an ice bucket and champagne glasses.
We ate in the restaurant the first evening. I have to say I thought this was one of the highlights of our stay - the décor is stunning, the service was of a high standard and the food was delicious. It's a real strength of the hotel and is very good quality. The breakfasts were equally as good.
The swimming pool and spa, while a little tired in places, provided an excellent range of services - there is an outdoor hot tub, an indoor spa pool, sauna, steam room, gym, squash court and beauty parlour. All very handily connected to the hotel and close to our room.
There was free wifi, which had a strong signal both in the lounge and in our room.
All in all, I would return here. We had a very happy stay, it just wasn't long enough!

Room Tip: The lake views are stunning!
2  Thank dramaqueenBelize

Dear guest, many thanks for taking the time to post your rewarding review regarding your recent stay at Low Wood Bay to celebrate your husbands 50th Birthday. I am pleased that you enjoyed your room although initially the road had concerned you, and that you enjoyed the refreshments supplied by the hotel. It was great to read that the restaurant was one of the highlights of your stay and that you were able to make use of the leisure facilities. Once again thank you for your wonderful review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future. Kind regards Michelle Croukamp, Operations Manager.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

We concur with the many reviews that state how pleasant and helpful the staff are, they achieve that pleasing blend of professionalism and friendliness which makes for a very enjoyable stay. Although our room was not a lake view it was above average size and very pleasingly decorated and outfitted. We enjoyed excellent food in two of the three options open to guests. Thank you for a stay in a beautiful corner of England.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, thank you for your wonderful review and the lovely comments about hotel and our team, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. You may be interested to know that all Trip-advisor reviews are conveyed to the team and our directors. I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Low Wood Bay in the near future. Kind Regards, Michelle Croukamp, Operations Manager

Reviewed 5 August 2013

The Low wood is a fantastic hotel right on the side of Lake Windermere. Looking after their guests is their main focus. Nothing is too much trouble.Rooms are extremely comfortable and after staying here on a number of occasions i can confirm this. The Low wood water sports centre is a great place to try various water sports.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 271 this visit and it has a great lake view. Considering it is at the front of the hotel on a busy road the room was really quiet
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear regular guest, thank you so much for your wonderful review, I am pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay. It was great to read that you found the hotel to be fantastic and that you enjoyed the Watersports facilities. It was also very encouraging that you recognize that looking after guests is our main focus. We are very proud of our team and I will ensure your comments are passed on to them.

Again thank you for your review and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future for another enjoyable break. Kind Regards, Michelle Croukamp, Operations Manager

Reviewed 4 August 2013

This hotel is in dire need of redecorating. The public areas are really nice (bar,lobby & restaurant), but our room was crying out for a new carpet and a coat of paint. The room was large, but considering we paid £124 for a night, I'd expect the rooms to be a lot nicer.

The hotel is situated right on the lake, but there isn't really anything else within short walking distance. We wanted to go for a few drinks in a local pub or two, but there isn't anything close. We had to drive into Bowness which has a lot of bars/pubs/restaurants etc.

We are sorry we didn't stay in Bowness now.

Also, this hotel is like a black hole. No mobile phone signal or 3G anywhere close (free wifi in the lobby though)

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank andyw785

Dear Guest, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us at Low Wood Bay, I am delighted that you like the hotel public areas, as you may have noted from other reviews and responses we are undergoing a refurbishment programme through out our rooms, the aim is to upgrade the few rooms that we believe are in need of upgrading.

Unfortunately due to the stunning mountains and hills that the surround the hotel we do struggle with network coverage (Vodafone seems to be ok) which also limits the 3G access although I believe this is being looked at in the area but is not under our control. I hope your recent experience at Low Wood Bay will not deter you from visiting the hotel I the near future. Once again that you for your review, Kind regards, Michelle Croukamp, Operations Manager