We have just returned from a two night stay on a bed and breakfast basis. We found the hotel staff to be very polite and courteous at all times. We only used the restaurant for breakfast but could not fault the selections from the hot and cold selections on offer.
The hotel lounge and bar area are very nicely furnished making for a very pleasant place to have an evening drink or a mid morning coffee with wonderful views of the lake.
We stayed in room 272 which is the area of the hotel on the leisure centre side.
The room was nicely furnished and was spotlessly clean on our arrival. The rooms have all the usual extras that you would expect from a hotel of this standard including stunning views out over the lake and the hills in the distance.The only downside of the room is that the walls appear to be thin so you can here your fellow guests talking in a normal voice. Our room also had an interconnecting door which made the situation worse. We were lucky with our surrounding guests as they didn't have the TV up loud, or wake early in the morning.
I would return to this hotel because of its location and the standard of service but would make sure the room that I booked was in a different part of the hotel to avoid this issue with noise from other rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a most spectacular location on the shores of Windermere, Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa offers luxurious 4-star accommodation and a range of resort leisure facilities to suit all ages and abilities. Blue Smoke is a contemporary dining experience that offers British produce cooked on our South American wood-fired grill, or dine in the more traditional Windermere Restaurant. Langdale Lounge and Bar also gives the opportunity to eat throughout the day with views over the lake. Relax in The Spa and pamper yourself with a range of treatments designed to restore and energise. Swimming pool, sauna, steam room, and an outdoor hot tub with unrivalled views over the lake. The fitness suite boasts state of the equipment, a dance studio, squash court and personalised trainers. For the adventurous, the Watersports Centre offers instruction in water-skiing, canoeing, paddle-boarding and much more. Low Wood Bay is in the process of upgrading and will be reopening in 3 phases, as detailed below: 1st phase: Hotel re-opens 12 April. Guests can enjoy the complete refurbishment of all the previous hotel bedrooms, ‘The Windermere’ restaurant, 'Langdale Lounge' and Health Club facilities opens in May. New improved road entrance. 2nd phase: Opens July. The Spa, a new restaurant ‘Blue Smoke,’ additional outdoor leisure facilities and a new atrium space. Final phase: Opens October. All new block of ‘Club House’ rooms and suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Superbreak UK, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Low Wood Bay Hotel Windermere
- Low Wood Windermere
- Hotel Low Wood
- Low Wood Hotel Windermere
- Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa Windermere, Lake District