Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa
US$196
US$173
Agoda.com
  • Pool
The Windermere Hotel(Windermere)(Great Value!)
US$87
Official Site
US$254
US$248
1,926 results
All reviewsblue smokeleisure clublake viewleisure facilitiesthe outdoor hot tubbusy roadbuilding workmain restaurantfeature roomlake districtlovely hotelkendal mint cakerestaurant staffsteam roomwedding partyhigh standardlots of choice
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My husband and I held our wedding at The Low Wood Bay Hotel and from the day we booked we have had nothing but perfect services. The team at the hotel helped make our wedding the most special of days from start to finish in such a beautiful setting. We highly recommend this spectacular place to anyone thinking of getting married in the lakes or a weekend away!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank haylchris26
MichelleCroukamp, Operations Manager at Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Newlyweds, thank you for your amazing review about your recent wedding day at Low Wood Bay. I am so pleased that you chose Low Wood Bay for your special day. It was certainly a pleasure to host your wedding and welcome your family and friends to enjoy with you your special day.

I know Gemma, Rea and the team will read your review, and on behalf of the team thank you. I am pleased that you enjoyed all aspect of your wedding day at the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for your first wedding anniversary in 2014. Once again congratulations. Kind Regards, Michelle Croukamp, Operations Manager.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed weekend 19/21 October and had a fabulous time. We were there for my stepdaughter's wedding and it was the most perfect place for a wedding.

Firstly I will review the hotel on the basis of a weekend stay and then on the basis of a venue for a wedding.

The hotel is in the most beautiful location on the shores of Lake Windermere and the hotel has views right over the lake with a small marina in front - very picturesque. The hotel also owns the grass verge in front of the marina so hotel guests can sit on the grass and admire the view and, even better, the sunset.

The hotel is quirky and a lot larger than you would imagine from the front. We stayed in the main building in room 42 and had a wonderful view over the lake and marina - the room was more expensive than the standard room but not as expensive as the signature room. The room itself had been refurbished and was spotlessly clean. There were so many nice touches - one being a little fluffy dog with a 'do not disturb notice'. The king size bed was the most comfortable I have ever stayed in at a hotel. The bathroom's décor was black and white tiles, was spacious with a large sink and had a very large bath with a shower over. It had a large heated towel rail which was more than enough to heat the bathroom. The towels were all new bath sheets and nice and fluffy. The complimentary toiletries were upmarket, with liquid hand wash, hand cream and a one that fits all body and hair shampoo. There was a kettle with all the condiments and small biscuits. One thing that I noticed which I think is worth a mention is the tea bags - I think they were Ringots, or something similar, made the best cup of tea that I had ever had - lovely modern china as well.

The main restaurant is where they serve breakfast and there was everything you could wish for - full English (with fresh and tinned tomatoes) and black pudding. There was the normal cereals, fruit (including fresh melon) and yogurt. Also there was a full selection of rolls, croissants and pastries. The service for all meals was spot on, clearing away your plate but not being too intrusive - well done. We did take an evening meal in the restaurant and the food was lovely and the price is what you could pay for a restaurant in the area.

On checking in the reception staff were efficient and informative. Another thing I would like to mention is the honesty of the staff - I left a diamond ring on the bed in my hotel room and, before I had even missed it, it was immediately brought down to reception. Many thanks.

We liked the lounge area as it is split into lots of small areas so you can find your own little spot and you could get a lovely view of the lake. Don't worry if there is a wedding on because the area for the wedding and reception is completely separate from the main part of the hotel and you wouldn't even know that there was one going on.

If you are thinking of booking a wedding at this hotel I really don't believe you could find a better venue. The Gallery where the actual ceremony takes place is made special by the giant chandeliers and the long red carpet walkway along which the bride, father of the bride and bridesmaids have to walk. Gemma. the wedding co-ordinator had everything planned out and counted the bridesmaids and bride in at intervals so that they got to the desk where the actual ceremony was going to take place just in time with the music. The desk is in front of a large picture window overlooking the lake. The chairs are set out so that all the guests get a good view of the bride and groom. It was all just so perfect.

The wedding breakfast took place in the main restaurant, which has plenty of character and a nice warm feeling to it. Our tables were mainly of 6 and 8 people and decorated to my stepdaughter's wishes. The food was very good. I must again mention the staff, they were all so polished and it all went off so smoothly.

We had a disco in the conference centre but the bar was set up in the Gallery outside and there are lots of sofas there so the older guests don't have to sit where the music is loud. We had hotpot and curry about 9, I had the curry and it was delicious.

All in all the whole wedding day was amazing, no hitches, perfectly organized, food was good, and the most beautiful bride. We did say that even if we had spent a lot more money on the wedding we really couldn't have improved the day. Once again thanks to Gemma and all the staff. If you are thinking of Low Wood Bay Hotel either for a weekend break or a wedding venue I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: I think the main building rooms are better.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest, thank you so much for your amazing review, It was so nice to read that not only did you enjoy the your stepdaughters wedding but also the room and the hotel prior to the wedding itself.

It was pleasing to read that you loved room 42 as well as the Ringtons tea, I am glad you thought it was the best cup of tea ever, I will be sure to pass this on to Ringtons! It was also great to read that you enjoyed the breakfast which appears to be very popular and that your diamond ring was returned to you safely.

Most of all I am delighted that you enjoyed your step-daughters wedding. It is always a pleasure to host weddings and even better to receive feedback, not only from the bride and groom but from their friends and family.

Thank you also for the lovely comments about the team and Gemma, I will ensure they all read your review. Once again thank you for your review and we hope to see you all again in the near future. Kind Regards, Michelle Croukamp, Operations Manager

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We have just returned from a two night stay on a bed and breakfast basis. We found the hotel staff to be very polite and courteous at all times. We only used the restaurant for breakfast but could not fault the selections from the hot and cold selections on offer.
The hotel lounge and bar area are very nicely furnished making for a very pleasant place to have an evening drink or a mid morning coffee with wonderful views of the lake.
We stayed in room 272 which is the area of the hotel on the leisure centre side.
The room was nicely furnished and was spotlessly clean on our arrival. The rooms have all the usual extras that you would expect from a hotel of this standard including stunning views out over the lake and the hills in the distance.The only downside of the room is that the walls appear to be thin so you can here your fellow guests talking in a normal voice. Our room also had an interconnecting door which made the situation worse. We were lucky with our surrounding guests as they didn't have the TV up loud, or wake early in the morning.
I would return to this hotel because of its location and the standard of service but would make sure the room that I booked was in a different part of the hotel to avoid this issue with noise from other rooms.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, thank you so much for your wonderful review about hotel, I agree the hotel is very fortunate to have such amazing views and surroundings, I am glad you were able to appreciate them. It was also very pleasing to read that you thoroughly enjoyed the food in the hotel as well as the lounges to relax of an evening.

We do take on board your comments about the noise in the room you stayed in and will address this at the next opportunity. Once again thank you and I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Low Bay in the near future. Kind Regards, Michelle Croukamp, Operations Manager

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Had a short break with my 2 little boys and despite the wet weather this is a great place, lovely big room and great pool and spa. Amazing breakfasts. But bistro was expensive and I was sadly overcharged... A shame as it was fun place to eat but too expensive for every day. Perfectly situated for the lakes and worth walking up the back of the hotel to see the waterfall.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Guest, thank you for your recent review about hotel, I am pleased to read that your family enjoyed the hotel, I hope your children made the most of Sam’s club and became members! It was also good to read that you enjoyed all of the hotels facilities including our leisure club! You may be interested to know that all Trip-advisor reviews are conveyed to the team and our directors. We look forward to seeing you again in the future Kind Regards, Michelle Croukamp, Operations Manager

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Our memories of this hotel isn't just the wonderful location with great leisure facilities. But all the little comfortable lounge areas with fire places where we were served five star meals every night.
We'll worth the extra for half board and enjoy such fabulous cuisine in the comfort of lounge chairs where our little one could also relax. I have stayed at so many 5star hotels where this certainly competes. The staff were all so accommodating and made this a memorable stay.

Room Tip: Deluxe room over looking the lake. Half board.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
MichelleCroukamp, Operations Manager at Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

It was also very pleasing to read that you thoroughly enjoyed the food in the hotel as well as the quant lounges with roaring log fires. Once again thank you and I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Low Bay in the near future. Kind Regards, Michelle Croukamp, Operations Manager