Stayed here with the family two nights 27/28 May. We booked the posh refurbished rooms overlooking the lake, rooms 37 & 39. The rooms / facilities were very good but the problems we had reduced the enjoyment as follows...
1) Both rooms old fashioned heating systems couldnt be controlled or switched off in the room. This meant that as the weather was warm the temperature in these two rooms; & I suspect this section of the hotel was VERY hot. We had to leave the windows open but these were old fashioned sash windows & needed propping up!
2) We complained as soon as we arrived on the 27th & the reception / duty manager said they would sort it...... we went out for a walk & guess what, they didnt.
3) We complained again & they sent a porter up with another fan........... but this fan didnt have any blades!!!!! anyway, it wouldnt have helped.
4) So, after asking for them to resolve things a duty manager, David came said he would switch the system off.........which they did.........but by that time we were leaving so it was a small win.
5) Also, they hotel has wifi...........well it does if you sit near the reception desk and perhaps in the car park!!!............but int he rooms / restaurant / lounges?????.............well its VERY hit & miss & I can guarantee its not working in the rooms. For the money they charge & the 4* they hold its not acceptable. People need to be in contact.
So, in summary, we had problems that were eventually partially solved (thanks David) but the hotel need to get its act together. It holds 4* , its a good hotel, well positioned & has good facilities........some people may not think these problems are much but if you look at previous Tripadvisor reviews this issue has been going on for nearly 2 years.
Come on Low Wood you're letting yourself down.......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a most spectacular location on the shores of Windermere, Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa offers luxurious 4-star accommodation and a range of resort leisure facilities to suit all ages and abilities. Blue Smoke is a contemporary dining experience that offers British produce cooked on our South American wood-fired grill, or dine in the more traditional Windermere Restaurant. Langdale Lounge and Bar also gives the opportunity to eat throughout the day with views over the lake. Relax in The Spa and pamper yourself with a range of treatments designed to restore and energise. Swimming pool, sauna, steam room, and an outdoor hot tub with unrivalled views over the lake. The fitness suite boasts state of the equipment, a dance studio, squash court and personalised trainers. For the adventurous, the Watersports Centre offers instruction in water-skiing, canoeing, paddle-boarding and much more. Low Wood Bay is in the process of upgrading and will be reopening in 3 phases, as detailed below: 1st phase: Hotel re-opens 12 April. Guests can enjoy the complete refurbishment of all the previous hotel bedrooms, ‘The Windermere’ restaurant, 'Langdale Lounge' and Health Club facilities opens in May. New improved road entrance. 2nd phase: Opens July. The Spa, a new restaurant ‘Blue Smoke,’ additional outdoor leisure facilities and a new atrium space. Final phase: Opens October. All new block of ‘Club House’ rooms and suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, LateRooms, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Evoline ltd so you can book your Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Low Wood Bay Hotel Windermere
- Low Wood Windermere
- Hotel Low Wood
- Low Wood Hotel Windermere
- Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa Windermere, Lake District