Just returned from a great weekend at this lovely hotel. 10 of us stayed for my Dads 80th birthday, including kids ranging from 6 - 10 years old. The location right by the lake was fab, and we didn't find the busy road intrusive at all. The hotel is great for families - it is a nice standard of hotel but not too fussy, so we all felt relaxed enough to let the kids have fun without being worried about glares from other guests. There was a nice atmosphere throughout the hotel, and all the staff were pleasant and helpful.
We had two interconnecting rooms ( 315 and 316 ) which were a good size and nicely decorated. They had everything you need - my onlyvery small gripe being that the tray the kettle, etc was on was a cheap yellow floral one that did not fit with the standard of everything else. Please change!
Staff were very accommodating on reception and in the restaurant with regards to a special cake we had organised. The food was great. The only disappointment was the meal on the second night, which was my dads actual birthday, was not the same standard as the previous night. Steaks were overcooked, venison not as nice. It seemed as though a different chef had cooked?? We wondered if it was anything to do with the fact there was a wedding going on, so the team were also involved in this?
However, this did not detract at all from what was a hugely enjoyable trip for all of us and I would definitely recommend the hotel for anyone else wanting a family trip away. The kids were already saying they want to come away for Nannas birthday in September!
Thanks Low Wood for helping to make my Dads birthday very special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a most spectacular location on the shores of Windermere, Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa offers luxurious 4-star accommodation and a range of resort leisure facilities to suit all ages and abilities. Blue Smoke is a contemporary dining experience that offers British produce cooked on our South American wood-fired grill, or dine in the more traditional Windermere Restaurant. Langdale Lounge and Bar also gives the opportunity to eat throughout the day with views over the lake. Relax in The Spa and pamper yourself with a range of treatments designed to restore and energise. Swimming pool, sauna, steam room, and an outdoor hot tub with unrivalled views over the lake. The fitness suite boasts state of the equipment, a dance studio, squash court and personalised trainers. For the adventurous, the Watersports Centre offers instruction in water-skiing, canoeing, paddle-boarding and much more. Low Wood Bay is in the process of upgrading and will be reopening in 3 phases, as detailed below: 1st phase: Hotel re-opens 12 April. Guests can enjoy the complete refurbishment of all the previous hotel bedrooms, ‘The Windermere’ restaurant, 'Langdale Lounge' and Health Club facilities opens in May. New improved road entrance. 2nd phase: Opens July. The Spa, a new restaurant ‘Blue Smoke,’ additional outdoor leisure facilities and a new atrium space. Final phase: Opens October. All new block of ‘Club House’ rooms and suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Low Wood Bay Hotel Windermere
- Low Wood Windermere
- Hotel Low Wood
- Low Wood Hotel Windermere
- Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa Windermere, Lake District